Servicemember Knife Build "Recruiting Drive"

I love seeing updates to this thread. I still find it amazing that so many of you are willing to pitch in and do this build. I hope to get to be involved one day, once my skills are worthy of our Servicemen and women.

Any chance of a mass-group-shot of all the knives before they are deployed?

Are you patronizing me? :) Maybe someone else mentioned it before, and I certainly do NOT want to hold up the distribution once they are done...

LOL, just teasing a bit Brad. A group shot is deffinately going to happen on this before I ship them out to thier new homes. I've got to make sure we have evidence that it happened. As everyone always says, "If there's no pic, there's no proof", right?

Hey Jerry, I have an additional box heading your way. The last of the materials,1 more sheath, 2 sets of scales and 5 pair of corbys. It will go out tomorrow.

Good luck with that Bill. I just read where you guys have received around 2 ft. of snow in the past week. Just thinking of that gives me chills down my spine.

I got mine but my computer crashed so I didn't post. I'll probably do the finish grind this weekend and set the handle. I forgot to get a teck-lock for the Kydex sheath.

Larry

I think what you guys are doing is fantastic and I can't wait to see the group picture! :biggrin:

Thanks for the tip James. I hadn't thought about shortening the threads. I figured I would try it out on some scrap first just to get a feel for it.

Carey

Thanks a bunch Bill. And I just read your PM also, Really want to thank you for all that you have done.
Haven't had time to do anything. Deb has to have another bipass sugary
but this time in her right leg. There is a name for it but I can't spell it.
arterial??? maybe.
Anyway thanks Jerry

Thanks for the tip James. I hadn't thought about shortening the threads. I figured I would try it out on some scrap first just to get a feel for it.

Carey

I learned it the hard way... twice :what!::12: They're kind of like tapered tangs... seem a bit weird at first but you'll fall in love with them after a couple tries.

Back