Servicemember Knife Build "Recruiting Drive"

Mine went in the mail yesterday. . Never got around to getting a molly lock. Hope it is acceptable.

Attachments

• DSCF0044.jpg
    DSCF0044.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 41
A day late but hopefully not a dollar short...here's my 2 for the pile. They are full flat ground, swedgeless, with a bead blasted finish.
I did one set of scales black side out, the other tan side out, which made a little difference in the color pattern. The extra screw near the mouth of the sheaths gives some adjustability to the retention/draw weight with the help of a pair of o-rings.

Attachments

• IMG_1395 (2).jpg
    IMG_1395 (2).jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 41
  • img_1393 (2).jpg
    img_1393 (2).jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 22
Finally done yesterday

They're ready to travel now.
I ground both blades and sent one to Tuneup, aka Michael Shepard to handle. He did a bang up job, nice comfotable handle. (top knife) He sent it back and I dressed it up in kydex and sharpened it. I hope they both serve their new owners well. Thanks to Tuneup for helping out.

ArmySH2.jpg Army5.jpg

ArmySH4.jpg ArmyHand2.jpg

ArmyHand3.jpg

Rudy

Service member.jpg Murph mailed mine out a few days ago you should have it by monday. I sure have enjoyed being a part of this

Look forward to seeing it in person. Nadine will check the PO this afternoon. She asked me last week, "How many more knives are you expecting?".

"Only 29 more" I told her. She just kinda shook her head as she walked out of the room. To be honest though, I think she has been as excited as me to see everyones blades. She studies every knife I've received so far and comments on different details. She has seen several techniques that she points out and say, "You should do something like this on a knife you make". With all of the boxes I've been getting from you guys, it feels like Christmas opening presents. I hope the servicemwmbers are as excited as I have been when they receive them.

Last edited:
Murph,
For those of us who are too lazy to look for it, will you please post the mailing addy again? Mine is way done and I will ship it this week.

Is it too tacky to include a few business cards in case the recip wants it sharpened or repaired in the future. Your call.

Thanks,
Steve

That is absolutely fine Steve. My intent is to type up a brief letter explaining how this build came about and list the names of donors of materials and services to include with each knife that is sent out. It will also include the name, address, and e-mail address of the respective maker of the particular knife that the servicemember receives. I want the servicemember to be able to make contact with the maker of the knife that he/she receives.

Still waiting on knives. I've received quite a few and have the "new owners" lined up once I get all of them.

Here's some pics of my 2 knives ...

Attachments

• Svc Mem Build 1.jpg
    Svc Mem Build 1.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Svc Mem Build 2.jpg
    Svc Mem Build 2.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 35
Looks great Bill.

For those of you who have not gotten your knife in the mail yet, I ask that you please do so as soon as possible. Half of these knives have been promised to a group that is leaving for Afghanistan VERY soon.

Back