Servicemember Knife Build "Recruiting Drive"

c635aab7.jpg

I am ready to ship the finished knife. Where should I send it?

I bead blasted the balde and kept it pretty plain and simple. I really like the Mcam G10 handle material and the Spec Ops sheath is outstanding.

Knives022511%20106LR.jpg

Knives022511%20109LR.jpg

Knives022511%20110LR.jpg

Knives022511%20104LR.jpg

Thanks for the priviledge of doing something for our servicemembers and special thanks to all who have donated their time, money and resources to this project.

Last edited:
Looks great Mike.

UPDATE

Once you have completed your knife, please send me a PM so that I can give you my shipping address. As soon as I have all knives, I will be shipping them out to thier respective new homes in groups.

Is March 18th too early of a target date to have these all completed and to the mailbox?

March 18 should be ok for me,I just need to glue up the handle and finish.Hopefully this weekend.
Stan

Just finished up.. Heres a few pics.

3 of these are gona need Kydex worked up.. the other 2 will get spec ops sheaths.

God Bless our troops!

Attachments

• Knife dogs build 022.jpg
    Knife dogs build 022.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Knife dogs build 020.jpg
    Knife dogs build 020.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Knife dogs build 019.jpg
    Knife dogs build 019.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Knife dogs build 003.jpg
    Knife dogs build 003.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Knife dogs build 016.jpg
    Knife dogs build 016.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 45
My Military Knife Build Submission

Man has this been a challenging trip. First off, there is quite a bit of difference, for me, in making a knife from someone else's design. My hat is off to you guys who do full custom work from your customer’s designs. I normally just work on my own designs. I like that because my ideas are usually simple and use a lot of one syllable words.

There were a number of firsts in building this knife. This is my first hollow grind, my first swedge, my first time using A2, and the first time I used corby bolts. Why not just try everything new on a new design with materials that you have no replacements for? Piece of cake, a real knife maker ought to be able to do that with no problem.

Well, I still have almost all of my hair and there were no reportable injuries. I think the front Corby needed to be seated a little deeper. The grind lines aren’t quite perfect but a lot of folks would have to measure to tell the difference. You guys will probably see them right off. There are a few scratches but I was afraid to go after them too hard because I couldn’t start over. What I ended up with is a knife that a soldier should be able to use as a tool that will stand him in good stead. I think that’s what we intended when we got started on this project so I’m pretty happy with the overall package.

I hope it meets with your approval.

100_0827.JPG

Got mine done....Cannot remember if we are supposed to etch our logo on it or not and where???
Picts soon

It's been a while since I checked in, my wife and I bought a house and have been busy moving and dealing with related issues. I have the household moved and the wife and kid settled, so I am able to spend my evenings at the old shop now, working on these. I am really under the gun to make the deadline and will probably be shipping on Sat. (19th) rather than the 18th. I hope this won't be a problem.

Life happens guys. If anyone is running into time issues please let me know. My recent move and dealing with everything involved really has me behind as well.

Back