Servicemember Knife Build "Recruiting Drive"

Here they are ready to go ... Should ship tomorrow .

Attachments

• pkgs.jpg
    pkgs.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 21
I want to thank you for doing the legwork on this, Bill. I know it was not a small task, but it is much appreciated.

Ok Guys , All boxes went out today !
In the box you receive will be :​
1) Your blade or blades .​
2) Mcam g10 Handle scales set or sets . Some makers have more than 1 set due to donations .​
3) Hardware - rivets , lanyard tube​
4) Sheath , if your not making Kydex .​

Here's where things got complicated for me .
Some makers did not drill all holes to 1/4" .​
I only included hardware for holes drilled to the specs that were outlined in the key info posts of this thread , #'s 51 and 65 .​
I only ordered 1/4" Corbys and 1/4" tube so I don't have anything to substitute for them .​
I hope this doesn't cause anyone any problems .​
Thanks , Bill​

If you guys would, please post and let us know that you have received your package and that all is accounted for so that I may maintain accountability. We've had a few guys who have run into "life" and are a bit behind. I know we can all relate to experiencing life's occassional curve ball or maybe even a kick in the teeth. It happens and all we can do is deal with it to the best of our ability. Please just keep me posted if something happens.

It's been a while since I've read through all the posts and I'm not sure if I've told you all or not, but I would like to say, "Thank you for donating your time and resources on this project". I have no doubt that each and every servicemember who receives these knives will be greatly appreciative. Who knows, the knife you've made may be the one which one day saves a servicemember's life.

I currently have accountability of 40 blades that were shipped or are still in the posession of the maker who has chosen to be responsible for the HT. As asked earlier, please let me know when you receive your packages. Once all of these are complete, I have homes for all 40 blades. Without going into detail, the receipients will be:

US NATO team in Afghanistan
MARINE EOD
Members of a National Guard Infantry Bde.

Last edited:
It's all comming together now , Great work guys !

If someone didn't get the corbys and tube in their package but still would like them I didn't use mine so I'd happily forward them on to whoever is in need of hardware.

Or, if everyone's all set I could return them to Bill T for use in the next go round.

Can't wait to see the finished knives :D

-Josh

I got mine! Now I just have to figure out how to use these corby dodads.

Don't let 'em outsmart ya ;) Just drill all the way through for size of the female shaft, then partway into each "out" side of the scales for the shoulders. Trim the threaded parts to length if needed, they only need to be long enough to reach through one scale and the tang, then a tad into the other scale. If you leave them longer than that sometimes you end up grinding into the threaded part when you bring the shoulders flush to the scale, and that will make you say bad words. (An ugly divot will show)

You can also find stepped drills in various sizes so you can drill each scale in one "pass".

Last edited:
Back