Servicemember Knife Build "Recruiting Drive"

How in the world did I miss this:hang:

Its great of you guys to do something like this:rockon:

Next time make sure to tell me :s12108:

For those who are interested, I'm wanting to plan another build sometime in the next six months in preperation of my brigade's deployment to Afghanistan sometime between December '11 and March '12. If possible, I would like to be anle to receive enough support to furnish a blade for each member of an Infantry Company (120 personnel). I have a few design ideas already.

God willin' and the creek don't rise,
I'll have a grinder by then and will kick in a knife or 2 of my own...

Where is everybody at on this project? I'm waiting on my sheath to arrive...Bill...hint.hint. Where and when do we send the completed knives and to who are they going to? Maybe I just missed something. I dunno???

I'm still looking for homes for the blades. I have a home for four of them with a team in Afghanistan. I'm not exactly sure of thier mission, I just know the team leader and know that it is a multiforce (comprised of Army, Navy, and Marine personnel) that venture outside the wire quite frequently. I should have access to some guys from Bill's neck of the woods if we get the project completed prior to me leaving active duty in March.

Where is everybody at on this project? I'm waiting on my sheath to arrive...Bill...hint.hint. Where and when do we send the completed knives and to who are they going to? Maybe I just missed something. I dunno???

I hope I didn't miss it either.
I sent off the blades for HT but haven't recieved them back for finishing yet. Any word from Peters' HT ?

Rudy

Sorry Guys , It's me holding it all up . Had some things that needed tending . Will be back on track in a day or two . Sorry , Bill

I'm still looking for homes for the blades. I have a home for four of them with a team in Afghanistan. I'm not exactly sure of thier mission, I just know the team leader and know that it is a multiforce (comprised of Army, Navy, and Marine personnel) that venture outside the wire quite frequently. I should have access to some guys from Bill's neck of the woods if we get the project completed prior to me leaving active duty in March.

If we have troubles finding homes for the blades, I can help. ;)

If anyone has family or friends who are down range ir heading that direction soon, please chime in and let me know. My only desire is to see the blades make it to personnel who are going into harm's way.

Sorry again for the delay Guys . Back on track though , got my blades done and will ship tomorrow .
Dave , I have your sheath shipping tomorrow as well .​
Josh , your handle material and hardware will also ship tomorrow .​
I think that's all till they come back from Brad , but if there is anything else I need to brought up to speed on , please let me know .​
Thanks , Bill​

We are almost at the next phase of our Build-off .
I believe that Brad has all the blades at this time and as soon as he can do so , they will be HT'ed . Brad will be sending them to me after that , and that is when everyone will receive their final pack from me .​
In the pack will be -​
Your blade or blades .​
Handle material and hardware - for 1 blade .​
A sheath , if you aren't making a Kydex one .​
I sent Dave a sheath this week . He tells me that you can form the liner in the sheath to the knife . Perhaps he can show us an easy way to do so , so we all don't have to spend too much time on them .​
After I send out the final packs , all I ask is that you PM me and let me know you received it .​
I will at that time post all info for the shipping from Maker , to the last stop before dipersal .​
Thanks , Bill​

Back