What's going on in your shop?

Well after 5 years making knives as hobby I decided step up build my heat treat oven for 2020, have most the parts do just need find the time. I got $300.00 in parts. Saving over $1000.00 I guess.
I have few folders on the bench but with my "Harley" I am building. firearms hobby and the V8 s10 truck I got...money seems just mmmm float away.. I have been buying all the usa made file get my hands on Facebook market and fiends bee collecting them for my mom even helping I got little over 50 90% them are old Black Diamond. I going do a run file knives in march I am take 2 weeks off just for me time. I have the waiting period of saving for lathe and mini mill, but thats on back burner too. I did start on my 2x72 build saving for VFD. MY old 2x42 Crafttman has done good. I made a 9" disc sander this past summer it turned out great. I have few tools I am making most of 2019 year I spen making tools for knife making I have friend has machine shop in garage been fun year learning that trade, on side note lost a few 2 close friends to car wreck they were involved in wreck other person was DWI hit run so was very hard Christmas. Anyway guess shop update

Love the top pattern a bunch.
If you don't mind me asking: What are you using to draw these?

Scott
I’ve just started using Knife Print. I looked at it before but when they ran a “sale” I signed up. I really like it. There are a lot of templates you can start with and then modify or you can start from scratch. Export the designs as a PDF and then you can print in different scale. The 80, 90, and 95% marked on the pattern are reduced from the 100% original.

I’ve just started using Knife Print. I looked at it before but when they ran a “sale” I signed up. I really like it. There are a lot of templates you can start with and then modify or you can start from scratch. Export the designs as a PDF and then you can print in different scale. The 80, 90, and 95% marked on the pattern are reduced from the 100% original.
I was thinking (that's a problem right there !) that the percentage was how much of a chance that was the next build.

Back