What's going on in your shop?

In the last little while I have been working on a batch of framelocks and I finished one slipjoint. Let me know what you think.

I also wrecked a few things along the way...
View attachment 71460View attachment 71461View attachment 71462

Looks like you're well on your way

In the 3rd pic it looks like you're including a LBS (lock bar stabilizer). Keep in mind that Rick Hinderer holds the patent on those but he's super chill about letting people use it. However he does require that makers request permission and I think he charges nominal fee. IIRC it's only 1 or 2 cents per knife.

Might want to contact him, better safe than sorry.

Looks like you're well on your way

In the 3rd pic it looks like you're including a LBS (lock bar stabilizer). Keep in mind that Rick Hinderer holds the patent on those but he's super chill about letting people use it. However he does require that makers request permission and I think he charges nominal fee. IIRC it's only 1 or 2 cents per knife.

Might want to contact him, better safe than sorry.
Thanks for the tip. The stabilizers are from ti connector and steve pays the fee. It is built into his price. I definitely dont want to step on anyones toes.

Thanks for the tip. The stabilizers are from ti connector and steve pays the fee. It is built into his price. I definitely dont want to step on anyones toes.

Oh that's pretty cool. I didn't know you could get them from Steve and he covers the fee. I'll keep that in mind.

Looks like you're using his pivots too. He's makes some of the best quality hardware I've found.

The knives look great BTW. Really clean and sleek looking

Oh that's pretty cool. I didn't know you could get them from Steve and he covers the fee. I'll keep that in mind.

Looks like you're using his pivots too. He's makes some of the best quality hardware I've found.

The knives look great BTW. Really clean and sleek looking
Thanks, Steve has great stuff. His hardware is awesome and everything I have ever used has been to tolerance.

Back