What's going on in your shop?

Knife no. 2. 400 grit with a decent hamon. My hands hurt. Time for a beer.

BB62-DD88-FB36-433-B-A3-D3-7-DF7-C13-A3-BAB.jpg
Looking good!

I have this one in progress. Still have some sanding and polishing to do but I’ll finish it up tomorrow.
View attachment 72904
View attachment 72905
Randy you build really beautiful knives and your finishes always looks so professional.
What I particularly like about the last couple of knives you've shown to us, is the way you use the micarta as a liner as well. It contrasts well and is just something different. Well done!

Randy you build really beautiful knives and your finishes always looks so professional.
What I particularly like about the last couple of knives you've shown to us, is the way you use the micarta as a liner as well. It contrasts well and is just something different. Well done!
Thank you for the kind words Johan. Greatly appreciated!

Had a "good" day today! Got several headed towards finish ground, and some rough ground..... and started a new generation of EBKs! (more to come on those) I REALLY love this KMG-TX grinder.

IMG-4698.jpg

Ed - I am glad to see you making knives. Warms my heart knowing the tough times that you have travelled. Hope they all turn out to be beautiful!

Had a "good" day today! Got several headed towards finish ground, and some rough ground..... and started a new generation of EBKs! (more to come on those) I REALLY love this KMG-TX grinder.

IMG-4698.jpg
Really glad to see you working and enjoying yourself. That’s awesome and those knives look great! I’ve almost have enough pennies saved for a new grinder. Think I’m going with the KMG-TX too.

I should have been getting the scales glued up on this knife today. Instead I spent most of the day trying to come up with different designs for projects coming up. In the end the tried and true design that I've been making from the start is getting a face lift.
View attachment 72917
Man, I really like that “tried and true” that’s a great profile. The face lift design looks like it will be a winner too.

We recently had to move my grandmother who is 93 into an assisted living home. To help pay for her care we sold her house which means emptying the place. My Grandfather passed away in 2013 and it still kicks me in the feels every time I think about it. I inherited most of his tools, his reloading gear and work benches. And the antlers from a bull elk he shot in Packwood Washington in 1980. It still has Mt. St. Helens ash stuck in the antlers (it was shot in September when a few months after the eruption and lived in the drop zone of a lot of the ash.
I used his tools and workbench to make a plaque from an old apple box. Then hung his office name plate from when he worked at the Handford Nuclear site below it.
After 40 years of being in a garage or a shed, Grandpas Bull from 1980 is hanging on the shop wall next to my Moms Bull, and mine and Dads first deer.

Attachments

• FFC94785-2E20-47CC-9A9A-36D6DD66B1FD.jpeg
    FFC94785-2E20-47CC-9A9A-36D6DD66B1FD.jpeg
    188.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 1F561A76-519E-45DC-B08A-DF2571289534.jpeg
    1F561A76-519E-45DC-B08A-DF2571289534.jpeg
    238 KB · Views: 18
Back