What's going on in your shop?

Just got this food warmer to be used as my quench tank. My thinking is that if the oil needs heated up for optimal ht, this is the best way I’ve seen to get it warm. I wanted parks 50 but couldn’t justify the price since I’m putting as much money as I can towards buying a new house. Should be closing on it this month! ... I hope the canola is a decent enough trade off. Certainly better than the used motor oil I’ve been using I think. A59A5655-B3C2-4025-A808-42D1D983369A.jpeg

Just got this food warmer to be used as my quench tank. My thinking is that if the oil needs heated up for optimal ht, this is the best way I’ve seen to get it warm. I wanted parks 50 but couldn’t justify the price since I’m putting as much money as I can towards buying a new house. Should be closing on it this month! ... I hope the canola is a decent enough trade off. Certainly better than the used motor oil I’ve been using I think. View attachment 71777
Canola oil will work fine. That’s what I used with 1084 when I first started. Warmed mine in an electric fryer. The food warmer is a great idea.

I am just about finished with a project a gentleman gave me from Louisiana. He gave me 4 hippo teeth to handle knives for he and his friends. The enamel was not very thick so they worked well. Three AEBL drop points and one CPM154 clip point.
That’s something you don't see everyday. Got any more pictures?

Back