Wassup for the weekend????

Batting down the Hatches today, Earl is hitting tonite, we should be on the outskirts on the storm.:)
Tomorrow, have The BBBB Beaver, Ron and Nathan coming over.
I'll be cooking up some stuffed tomatoes and peppers, also have a small Bluefish that I'll be smoking up.:cool:
If any of you Bubba's are around, stop by for lunch.:biggrin:

I'll give you a call in the AM. Kook is going to come over also :what!:. Got the gig tonight (hurricane party NOT) should get home by about 2:30 AM. :jawdrop:

I guess we missed the bullet on big Earl over here in RI. The Lightinin' Brothers gig went very well, their were quite a few people at the show considering the weather.

Kook is on his way over to my house, when he gets here we'll be heading to Wa..Wa..Wally's :biggrin:

I'd like to make some damascus, but I'm kinda still reeling from last night. Didn't get to bed till 2 AM, and not being the young buck I used to be it takes a little longer to get my act together :what!:

Yesterday, BBBB Beaver got a surprise.:biggrin::biggrin: I was smoking the bluefish, tomatoes and habaneros.
So I gave him a hab on a smoked tomato, he turn red and started to sweat. HEHEHEHEHE!!! He is my test Guinea Pig and he usually eats the habs with no problem. I wish I had a camera at that time.:lol::lol:

Looks like this is the last weekend that I'll be able to Party Hardy.:red_indian::death: So guess what I'll be doing this weekend.:les: I know, I will be get a visit from Jose. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!

Yesterday, BBBB Beaver got a surprise.:biggrin::biggrin: I was smoking the bluefish, tomatoes and habaneros.
So I gave him a hab on a smoked tomato, he turn red and started to sweat. HEHEHEHEHE!!! He is my test Guinea Pig and he usually eats the habs with no problem. I wish I had a camera at that time.:lol::lol:

Wa..Wa..Wally, yeah, WOW those peppers were definately supercharged :what!:. When Kook and I left, we ended up at my Brothers Bar, we were there till I got a call from my Bride, when I got home SHE was breathing fire :mad:. I'm out of the doghouse now thought :biggrin:

Looks like this is the last weekend that I'll be able to Party Hardy.:red_indian::death: So guess what I'll be doing this weekend.:les: I know, I will be get a visit from Jose. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!

Wa..Wa..Wally, I'd sure like to make it,,,,,,BUT,,,,,,see last post :biggrin: :what!:

Well, I sure hope all you rascals survived the weekend and IG's hot peppers.
I had only one day off last week, last Sunday. I'm getting too dang old for all this overtime at work.
My shop has been closed up for the whole week, been too tired to get anything else done except the dang day job.

Squirrel season opened the 4th and I haven't even been out with the rifle.
My brother stopped by yesterday and we planned a squirrel hunt next weekend. Our other brother called from CA and he plans to be here in a week or two to hunt with me.

That kind of confuses me when trying to figure in shop time. I piled on another knife order with the rest of them, got another via email yesterday.

Any of you fellas have any shop elves you want to rent out for a while?

Last edited:
Well, I sure hope all you rascals survived the weekend and IG's hot peppers.
I had only one day off last week, last Sunday. I'm getting too dang old for all this overtime at work.
My shop has been closed up for the whole week, been too tired to get anything else done except the dang day job.

Squirrel season opened the 4th and I haven't even been out with the rifle.
My brother stopped by yesterday and we planned a squirrel hunt next weekend. Our other brother called from CA and he plans to be here in a week or two to hunt with me.

That kind of confuses me when trying to figure in shop time. I piled on another knife order with the rest of them, got another via email yesterday.

Any of you fellas have any shop elves you want to rent out for a while?
No Elves, but I got a shop BBBB Beaver I can let you have. HEHEHEHEHE!!!

Hee hee, that sounds cheap enough!

How ya feeling, George? You going to be able to wait until your hospital date?
I hope to get out next weekend and cut some more Osage orange and get it dried. I still have those big chunks of oak burl to work up, slab, and dry.

I had a bunch of Osage stabilized a while back and went through the best of it really quick. I'm having another run of Osage handled knives. Even though I have quite a bit of nice stabilized burl scales on hand, the Osage pile is going down too fast.
I have eyes and ears out for some more Osage burl. I bought some big chunks of what was thought to be burl and turned out to be not much burl in the chunks when I worked it up. It was a disappoint but the pieces did include some beautifully wild grained scales. The Osage burl is dark brown from the small amount I did manage to get out of the buy.
Fortunately, Osage is very common here in SE Iowa.

A pal at work owns some ground that has a lot of Osage trees. He is going to cut some for me and wants a knife. We talked about a trade, wood for a knife. Is your EDC a folder, IG?

Back