Wassup for the weekend????

I'm in Atlanta for the weekend. Alex Bealer Blacksmith Association (ABBA) meeting tomorrow. If you are in the area come on over and we'll visit. The meeting is at 3257 Fincher Road, Canton Ga.
I got my demo grinder with VFD working today, come and see it run. I can't believe how easy it was to set up.
The meeting will be bulding Gas Forges.

I'm in Atlanta for the weekend. Alex Bealer Blacksmith Association (ABBA) meeting tomorrow. If you are in the area come on over and we'll visit. The meeting is at 3257 Fincher Road, Canton Ga.
I got my demo grinder with VFD working today, come and see it run. I can't believe how easy it was to set up.
The meeting will be bulding Gas Forges.

Sounds like fun.:thumbup1:

When I left my wife from yesterday's visit she was tired but feeling well. The operation, total hip replacement" left side was performed Friday between 11AM - 2:20PM, to recovery, then to her room. She walked using a waker yesterday, probably on cruthes today.

I will be taking her home tomorrow, then I'll be helping her navigate for the week (no $ pay). Linda's best friend is retired so she will be helping Linda after I go back to work the week after next.

QUOTE=T Blade;111988]When I left my wife from yesterday's visit she was tired but feeling well. The operation, total hip replacement" left side was performed Friday between 11AM - 2:20PM, to recovery, then to her room. She walked using a waker yesterday, probably on cruthes today.

I will be taking her home tomorrow, then I'll be helping her navigate for the week (no $ pay). Linda's best friend is retired so she will be helping Linda after I go back to work the week after next.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear that she is doing well, BBBB Beaver.:1971_dancing_dog:[

It's sure great that Linda got through her surgery and is doing fine! We all here are all hoping for her to get well soon!

My 2 year old grandson, Micah Andrews, was in a serious car wreck a few weeks ago in Phoenix, AZ, and recently came out of his coma after surgeries. He's doing great and is responding to his therapy. He, his 5 year old sister, and his mom were passingers in a car riding with a nitwit gal pal of my daughter in law's when she ran through a red light and got hit right where Micah was sitting while strapped into a car seat. The rest of our folks riding in the car were pretty much just bruised from the accident. John was at work when the accident happened, I believe.

I have not been working in the shop for a few weeks. It's been so dang hot and humid here and Micah's accident has been such a major distraction.

A great pal of my son and his wife placed a blog on the net that pertains to Micah in the hospital. The blog updates keeps us all informed with Micah's recovery and saves son John from a large volume of phone calls he can't handle right now.

There wasn't any visible improvement for quite a while and we were all going crazy here until his recent rally. Luckily for all, Micah has the best docs in the country and probably the best therapy available.

It's sure great that Linda got through her surgery and is doing fine! We all here are all hoping for her to get well soon!

My 2 year old grandson, Micah Andrews, was in a serious car wreck a few weeks ago in Phoenix, AZ, and recently came out of his coma after surgeries. He's doing great and is responding to his therapy. He, his 5 year old sister, and his mom were passingers in a car riding with a nitwit gal pal of my daughter in law's when she ran through a red light and got hit right where Micah was sitting while strapped into a car seat. The rest of our folks riding in the car were pretty much just bruised from the accident. John was at work when the accident happened, I believe.

I have not been working in the shop for a few weeks. It's been so dang hot and humid here and Micah's accident has been such a major distraction.

A great pal of my son and his wife placed a blog on the net that pertains to Micah in the hospital. The blog updates keeps us all informed with Micah's recovery and saves son John from a large volume of phone calls he can't handle right now.

There wasn't any visible improvement for quite a while and we were all going crazy here until his recent rally. Luckily for all, Micah has the best docs in the country and probably the best therapy available.

I hope that everything goes well for them and you.

John, I'm glad to hear that your grandson is improving. When a child is involved in something traumatic like that it is certainly a hardship (mentally) for all who love the child. My prayers go out to your entire family and hope for a swift and full recovery.

Well I got Linda home yesterday around 12 noon, and have been making her comfortable as much as possible. She is using a walker to get around for the next 3 weeks, than she will be using a cane till she doesn't need it anymore. Everyday their is more improvment. Linda will have a therapist coming over the house on a daily basis to help here with the excersizes needed for a full recovery. Of course her riding season is over, but their is not much of a season left.

Thanks for the kind words, Larry! Micah receives 3 hours of therapy and is doing pretty good.

That's great Linda is doing well. It is really great she gets her therapy at home instead of having the painful trip for her therapy. I think she will recover faster at home. She should be back to riding before next season, I'm sure. Docs do a lot better work than they did a few years ago and recovery is much quicker.

John, as I said earlier I hope Micah recovers soon.

You're right about home therapy. Being at home will definately keep you mentally more at ease, which in and of itself is more theraputic.

It's amazing what modern medicine is doing these days. Just a couple of years makes a lot of difference. My Brother Rob had a total hip replacement about 5 years ago. These prothesis' will last 15 to 20 years, then it's time for a replacement, again. With my Brother he will have to have the entire assembly replaced, in Linda's case when it's time for her replacement, all they wil do is go in and replace the wear surface, kinda like putting brake pads on :biggrin: your truck :what!:

Tomorrow, The BBBB Beaver may be heading this way and Ron will be here too. I'll be cooking up some 1/2 lb. hamburgers from steaks that I'll be grinding up today.:biggrin:
Sunday, I'll be getting ready for the Angioplasty/Stent operation on Monday. Wish me luck.:3: It's just a one day thing.:13:

Doing the finishing up touches on my new VFD Grinder on Saturday and Sunday I am demonstrating at the Clinch River Blacksmith Guild meeting. If you are in the neighborhood come on by. The meeting starts at 1:30. http://www.artintheburrow.com/crbg. The address is 1942 Sulphur Springs Road, Clinton, 37716

Tomorrow, The BBBB Beaver may be heading this way and Ron will be here too. I'll be cooking up some 1/2 lb. hamburgers from steaks that I'll be grinding up today.:biggrin:
Sunday, I'll be getting ready for the Angioplasty/Stent operation on Monday. Wish me luck.:3: It's just a one day thing.:13:

Sorry I won't be able to make it today, lunch sounds real good (yum, yum). Big Honey Do list today :sad:. Linda's doing very very well with her recuparation from the surgery :biggrin:. We went for a walk around the block yesterday, approximately 1/2 mile, one week after a total hip replacement :thumbup1:.

Good luck at the hospital, and don't go looking for any Brazilian Rain Forests. It would give you a hart attack to go along with your stint.

Back