User names

I'm not a Knifemaker(yet), just a Rehandler at the moment.
But as for Usernames, well, my last name is Mikolajczyk.
Go ahead, try to pronounce it. :eek:

Got the nickname "Mack" while in The Corps, and it's stuck.
Had to add the "1" because Mack was already taken on the Intarweb. You can imagine how pissed I was about that, someone using my nickname!:D

But I added my first name in my Sig Line. 2thumbs

Just since we're on the subject of Usernames. 2thumbs

I'm not a Knifemaker(yet), just a Rehandler at the moment.
But as for Usernames, well, my last name is Mikolajczyk.
Go ahead, try to pronounce it. :eek:

It has to either be "Mack" or "Alphabet" 2thumbs

I think your' good to go! :)

This is a huge issue for the maker with aspirations to go beyond the hobby level. I have thought long and hard about this. My name is James Sanders. There are many guys named Sanders in the knife business. So to distinguish me from the others I just created a whole new "brand name" that is pretty informal for now, Etowah Edge and Tool. But for now I have JDS in a unique logo. I saw an article about makers marks that the makers name had been forgotten. The full name is probably best.

Here is a keychain tool I made that has my mark on it. I have been using this logo since I was a young boy when I was just drawing knives. Nearly 30 years now. But it won't tell some one who I am. I have been thinking about this lately.

CoffinOpener.jpg

never thought about it but makes sense. I am a new knife maker getting started in this so far hobbie biz so it would make sense to use my real name. just been using ksran2 on other stuff just seamed the thing to do. so Les George could you change my forum name to Steve Randall thank

Definitely a necessity. Every little bit helps! Of course; I have some people wonder if my last name is "Burchtree." :D

Les,

It was recently discussed in an earlier thread from Frank Niro that really got me thinking. You guys are right....on the play forums I dont see the harm in my UN, but it does make sense to be recognized for who you are as a person and a maker. 2thumbs

I am right there with you. I am not a knife maker yet...But am aspiring to be one.

I am right there with you sir. Might have to change my forum name soon:D

C

If your a knife maker and your user name on the forums is not your real name, I think you are missing a great opportunity to build some name recognition....

What do you guys think?cool 1

Good Job Chris.

I guess when you're playing "pull my finger" on other forums that's one thing.

Knife Dogs is a completely different situation. On purpose.

BC

2thumbs2thumbs

I just need to get used to spelling it out Chris rather than Kris....Have always hated that name Christophercool 1:rolleyes::D

Good Job Chris.

I guess when you're playing "pull my finger" on other forums that's one thing.

Knife Dogs is a completely different situation. On purpose.

BC

Back