Servicemember Knife Build "Recruiting Drive"

Looks a heck of alot better than my first kydex sheath. That is deffinitely one to be proud of.

Thanks for the confidence boosting guys.
I was surprised at how quickly things went and no hitches. When it was done I thought maybe I got lucky, real lucky. A leather sheath would have been an all day affair and looking like pigpen made it...I can't keep them clean. I probably would never have tried if it wasn't for this project, I like traditional blades and wood. This may open another avenue if I can get over the slab look of tacticals (no offense intented).

Rudy

Rifle season opened here in Oklahoma yesterday. It is like Christmas and only comes once a year. Some of us Okies are going to need a few days to try to grind between hunting trips. Kudos to those that have theirs done.

I ground my blade out yesterday and messed it up to the point of having to scrap it. Not to worry, I made another one today. All ground out, just about exactly the same, except in O1 and ready to heat treat. Hope ya'll will except my Redux and won't kick me out of the club, hehehehehe. I put up a WIP, see it here http://knifedogs.com/showthread.php...ber-Knife-Build-Redux-(Picture-Heavy-and-Long) . Lost of pics and long if you are on dial up, are there still people on dial up?

I got my blade too. Busy week this week but I'll try to get it done by the weekend. Put me down for a kydex sheath too. Haven't tried the molly lock either but I'll get some and give it a try.

I just got home and there was a great big box waiting for me ! I couldn't wait to open it up and take a look !
Inside this box are the nicest Tactical sheaths I've ever seen , they are simply AWESOME ! Thanks Jeff !!!!!​
I've seen them on the Website for the Spec-ops products , but I have to say , these are Top-notch .​
On top of that they are made in the Good Old USA !!! Jeff is the man when it comes to Tact. Sheaths , for sure . A big Thanks to Big Smitty for hooking us up with Jeff , too !!!​
I'll try to get some pics up later , cause my picture Guru is going out to play Bingo now .​
Bill​

Got 2 ready to go and the third one just re-drill the holds and stamp my mark, Well just one more little bit on that plunge line an-- yep platen liner busted and REALLY messed up the plunge, [Plate glass liner]
Now I'm doing what Deb says that I do best--waiting for glue to dry.
Jerry

Attn Bill T -

I started thinking about making a Kydex rig for my knife and the more I think about it the more I like the idea so please put me down for making my own sheath and reserve the Spec Ops for another maker.

Thanks alot, Josh

Has anyone had a chance to start a build thread with some pics yet? Can't wait to see what you guys are doing.
Bruce

Thanks Tcurry, but we're just trying to do a little bit for you guys who are really awesome.

We appreciate all that you do,
Carey

ATTENTION ALL BUILD-OFF MAKERS
I need you to all check this thread Daily !​
Important Information !
1) The holes for the Corbys need to be drilled out to 1/4" for the bolts I have coming . If you prefer pins to Corbys , go for it .​
2) Drill out the Lanyard hole as well to 1/4" .​
3) Scribe your name and # on tang before Heat Treat . The # is with your name in this thread , post #1 .​
4) We have been given 25 great sheaths but we still need at least 3 of the 28 makers to make a Kydex or other type sheath .​
5) We will post the address and info about the Heat Treat in a day or two , please be patient .​
6) I will be sending the Corbys , tubing and McamG10 with the blades after the heat treating .​
7) Enjoy the process . Do what you want to do to the blade , just remember , it needs to be Combat Ready .​

I am ready to ship to HT whenever you post the address and instructions. I am not set up to do kydex so put mine down for one of the donated sheaths.

Back