Servicemember Knife Build "Recruiting Drive"

To update everything:

First of all, I want to thank Bill T., he has been working his butt of on getting things organized on this.

As previously mentioned, we are calculating approximately 40 blades cut from the steel that Aldo has so graciously donated. Dave has been working on these as the steel comes in. We weren't sure if the two sheets of steel were going to be enough to cover all of the original 26 blades, so Bill contacted Aldo and asked for the third sheet which he had set aside for us. It looks as though we will now have enough blanks to cover the additional ones requested by the personnel who asked to build more than one knife.

In a very short period of time, we have accumulated a vast amount of materials through the donations of our gracious members and SpecOps. According to my rough calculations, we have received somewhere between $2,500-3,000 in donations of materials, services, and monetary donations thus far (this does not consider the eforts of our builders).

Please be patient as we accumulate the goodies for this. Good things are coming in the not so very distant future.

Guys, all the material is cut! 44 blades!!! That is it and they are shipping in the morning. Thank Aldo for his material and quick shipping!

No blanks yet , but I'm sure they'll be here on Monday .
So sure , that even though I'm off this Monday , I'm still going in early .​
My Wife Beth , is also a Carrier , and will be going in early with me to give a hand .​
I have all the envelopes and labels ready . Of course our printer died 3 days ago , so I wrote them out .​
The clerks all have been told what I am doing and are going to take care of everything once it's all packaged up . Everything will be out on the 1st truck of the day .​
Again - A Big Thanks to the People making this possible . Our Generous Donors on one side , and our Generous Makers on the other .​

Thanks are deserved all the way around but I want to express again my appreciation to those who have put themselves forward to get this going. It is really cool to see this coming together.

I know I am to late for this build, but put on the lisr for the next one. In the past I sent a couple of folders overseas with troops. If you can get the knives to the troops before they ship out. There is no shipping or customs. Hope the info helps.

Thank you Aldo and Dave, you guys are awesome! :35: A big Thank you to our makers too!:35:

The blanks were received by Bill yesterday and should be going out in the next few days. We are still waiting on a few things, but Bill is going to go ahead and get the blanks sent out as soon as his schedule permits and then follow up with all of the accessories (corbies, handle materials, sheaths) when the blades are mailed back to everyone after HT.

Man...
I have never seen,much less had the incredible honour to be a (very small) part of such an incredible collaboration...
the sheer scope of this blows me away.
I don't even have the words to express my appreciation for what everyone has put into this undertaking,
and all I can offer is "Thank You" for involving me.
KnifeDogs rule,and Long May You Howl...

Hey Guys , sorry no Update from me , but Murph covered it . Got a show this weekend , so been real busy . Got the blanks on Wed , shooting for a Monday mailing . Thanks , Bill

Oh yeah , I got a nice box of goodies from Bruce M today with some real nice handle material and some help on the shipping , Thanks again Bruce , it'll really help !

Mike, I have all kinds of connections in the Army and could orobably put 3,000+ knives in the hands of Army personnel heading down range tomorrow if I had them on hand to give. I have been putting out feelers with personnel in other branches as well. If anyone has a friend/relative heading that way or already there, feel free to contact me with thier info and we'll do our best to make it happen.

Ok Guys , Here's what's going on , I'm mailing out the blanks tomorrow .
There are a few who are taking more than 1 blank , so let me tell who's getting how many .​
They are :​
Bill T-2​
Randy Haas-5​
Murph-3​
Justin King-2​
Jerry Bond-5​
Gahagan-3​
Rudy Joly-2​
Les George-2​
Everyone else , except those who aren't grinding their own blade , are getting 1 .​
Now I only have 34 sets of handle material and 30 pairs of rivets , so we need a few more . If you can supply rivets and/or handle material , please PM me .​
I want each maker to make their 1st knife with the rivets and McamG10 . It's the extra blades that need additional material . If we can't get that , some of the extra blades that are going out may only get ground and heat treated , at this time. We only have 25 sheaths coming , so the guys who wanted to make a Kydex sheath for their knife , please do so .​
The main focus is to get the 28 knives ; 1 from each maker who signed up , done and downrange . The extras will be handled as this evolves . We have every intention , of getting each and every one of these knives into the hands of a Soldier who needs one .​
I will post the info for sending the blades to Brad at Peter's Heat Treating within the next few days .​
Thanks , Bill​

Last edited:
Sorry I missed out on the original "run" you gentlemen are planning. If there are blanks left, I'd love to grind and build one for the cause. I can supply my own G10 or micarta, corbies, and thong tubing, and cover the necessary shipping. Please let me know if I can help!

In any case, I applaud the hard work you all are putting into this. What a great project!

P.S. I'll have some similar blades (D2, not A2)going out to Brad for HT in a couple weeks anyway. In case the logistics get to messy, would it be OK if I just finish one of those and send it in to be dispersed with yours? Either way is fine with me, my blank or yours. I'd just like to chip in. Don't have a lot of cash but I got plenty steel and belts etc :D

Last edited:
Very sorry I got here to late for this one, put me down for the next please.

Also I can get some stainless tubing if any more is needed.

Sean

James, I believe this has grown into an on-going project. The first round is just the beginning. Justin King started this and can always find a donor that is deployed who needs a good user. He has been sending support overseas for some time.

That's good to hear Denny. In any case someone just shoot me a pm if I can contribute either with one of my knives or by building one of the project knives.

Back