my knives

Finished today, 4.7mm O1 steel. 22cm OAL, 10cm edge. Double green(looks brown though) double black canvas micarta. Cola etched. Design is called KDM (Knife Dogs Military) by our very own Randy Haas of HHH Knives. WIP here knifedogs.com/showthread.php?27658-KDM-designed-by-HHH-Knives-WIP

DSC05515-1.jpg

thanks a lot Ricky :)

got some flaws while finishing :S

will show them and finish WIP soon

Thanks a lot Eric, i had my doubts about it during work but in the end it turned out nicer than i expected :)

First Sverker 21 Blade, 6mm/ 1/4" thick.
Finished more than a month ago, before KDM even, but was just waiting for something to post it.

Steel Sverker 21 (D2), 6mm/ 1/4" thick.
OAL:28.5cm /11.2"
Edge: 15cm / 5.6"
Handle:eek:live drab green canvas micarta
Weight: 383g / 13.5oz

this knife was a few skill levels above mine, but taught me A LOT. this has a lot of Bill Harsey inspiration in it! to say that man is brilliant would be an understatement!

DSC05633_resize.JPG

DSC05637_resize.JPG

DSC05639_resize.JPG

DSC05645_resize.JPG

DSC05646_resize.JPG

DSC05647_resize.JPG

DSC05648_resize.JPG

DSC05649_resize.JPG

i MAY have over did it on the pics lol

Last edited:
You did a excellent job on this knife. I know we are all influenced by many factors but it's time for A few Shokr originals.
You have the technical expertise, So let's see some?

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

thanks Laurence

all the ones i made are mine except the KDM :)

to clarify, this was my design but i got stuck on some parts (mainly handle) so i checked Bill's knives because i believe in the awesomeness and practicality of his work! thats why i say its inspired by him

some logical changes came while i am working on this knife that made it become even more like his work.

anyway i pried open the CAD file of the tactical knives + the ones i am working on now, you shant be disappointed Laurence ;)

Steel Sverker 21 (D2), 6mm/ 1/4″ .
OAL: 33cm / 13"
Main Edge: hollow ground 18.5cm / 7.25″
Swedge: flat ground 7.5cm/ 3"
Handle: 13cm / 5" Red G10 with Carbon fiber bolsters and white G10 Liners
HRC: 60-62

its made for cutting!
this one was not easy to make
its also my first tanto, first use of carbon fiber, first bolster, and first double edge!!

im hoping this one day will be worth a lot more than what i'm willing to get for it!
For the bolster i used the technique Hatcher showed me in the WIP, was awesome, thanks man!!
Will try to post better pics soon

DSC05817_2.jpg

DSC05819_resize.JPG

DSC05821_resize.JPG

DSC05822_resize.JPG

Last edited:
thanks a lot Steven, not as fast as i would hope though :)

got some seriously stupid mistakes/flaws

Very nice. That looks like a difficult grind that you executed very well. Great swedge too. And I really like the bolster/spacer/scale!

Jay

Many thanks gentlemen!!

Hopefully next time those flaws willl not exist! :)

The harder to make knives teach A LOT!!!

thank man! :)

not yet, but i want to, i want to etch, but since i have no money i will start trying cheap ways of doing that even though i was advised against it before
so batteries or adapter or something. but i need to look into it more, i also need stencils and i know nothing about them!

I don't know if I'm allowed to post links to other forums but I'm sure the moderators can amputate if necessary. http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?104054-Etching-the-Bushblade-way
It seems that this way looks alright, the clouded edges look deliberate here and it wouldn't be that hard to significantly improve the results I should imagine. A reliable power source (phone charger plug) and a pad that covers the whole mark would help I would imagine. This is the voice of research and not experience though.

Back