3rd Annual KD July KITH

These knives have all been posted around the forum before, but Here's my best, quick-teaser pic, without just showing them off entirely...

By July, I could have a complete folder or 2 laying around as well. :)

20120618_090430[1].jpg

I'm in as well. This will give me time to work on something unique.

How is it that now it's mid June and I'm just now getting to HT'ing a couple candidates. Not sure they'll even be unique at this point...where does the time go?!?!

Here is my kith offering. I've always wondered how toxic green liners would look against green canvas. This is my first double liner attempt too. It is a persian-esque blade with a mora clipper inspired handle.

14sphxy.jpg

14x2rlj.jpg

dzcdp5.jpg

Waiting on some wood I picked out to finish up. I've got a backup knife ready just in case as well.

I’ve been waiting for the blade to come back from heat treatment and if it not comes back in time then I have a backup knife ready to go.
NP

redwood.JPG
I gave one section a bit of a finish so we could see what it will look like. I'm happy.

The knife I had ready to go is not cooperating, scales keep lifting and I'm not sure if it's the glue or the material or both. So, rather than take a chance sending someone a potentially faulty knife, I have to go with a back up. Not nearly as pretty, but a nice user none the less. I'll have pics posted in the KITH picture thread when it comes up.

time does seem to just slip away, I've had a few bumps in the road of life as of the past couple months so getting back in the saddle of knife making is a slow go, I thought I'd have to bow out, but seeing how this may still be good til the middle of July I may have to kick myself in overdrive.. I hate not being able to participate when I say I will (months) ago.... so I'm hopeful to have something very soon......

take care,

I agree, that's a nice looking blade!

I thought I would have mine done by now, but managed to come down with a pretty nasty case of bronchitis that kept me out of the shop for over a week. I've been back at it though, and hope to have things wrapped up before next weekend.

Hey Sean... if you already created that other thread for final knife pics, could you put the link over here for us? I looked around the forum earlier today, but didn't see it.

I'm going to have to withdraw from this year's KITH. I just ran into a problem that is going to take more than two weeks to correct, especially with the forge being at over 100° before I even fire up the burner, because I'm going to have to forge a replacement part before I can move forward with the knife. Hopefully, I can do this without totally screwing up the knife. I will post the completed project or the remains of what I was trying on another thread later.

Doug

Not a great shot, but here's mine. I still need to make a sheath and a few finishing touches.
kdkith1.JPG

Very sorry, I waited too long to start and I just don't have time to make a good knife for the KITH.

Please take me off the list.

Clancy

Back