3rd Annual KD July KITH

If its not too late, I'd like to throw one in the hat!

... well, belay my last. Looks like my underway schedule is not going to be conducive to getting one done by 1 July. Shucks, and I had a great design too! Going to have to wait until we pull into the yards. (kicks rock)

Last edited:
I've got 3 "extra" blades already heat treated right now and one of them will end up in the KITH, but forgot I am supposed to finish an FNRA-banquet knife by June 14th also, plus the Military Build knife asap. Dang... so many blades, so little time. :)

sent my kith blade in with a couple others I have on the go. not telling what one it is tho lol :) I will narrow it down and tell you it is not the very top one thats just my shop knife.
IMG_0255.jpg

Just checking in with you guys, making sure this is still a go :). I have my knife just about completed, a few finishing touches are needed but it's basically done. Been very busy on the home front with the baby, finishing our move, working...sheesh...not much time for many other things.

What is our cut off date, do we need to post pictures when ready?

Hey guys, sorry I have been so long, life has been...well life the past few months. Ill get the list updated this weekend.

Sean

Hey guys, I have updated the list. Please let me know if you are not on it and should be.
On July first I will start a picture thread, you will have until July 15 to post a finished picture in that thread then on July 16 I will put all the numbers in a hat and have my wife draw them out to get the order of trades.
Cant wait!!

Again I apologize for being absent for so long, I have had so much going on lately it has been crazy.

Last edited:
I'm sending my blades out to Peters' on Tuesday, so 7/15 shouldn't be a problem. They should be past the Blade show rush by now.

Sorry aLl, but my wifes health has taken a turn for the worse, and is in the ICU unit of the hospital with pneumonia. I am going to have to bow out of the KITH. I want to give as much notice as possible.

Sorry aLl, but my wifes health has taken a turn for the worse, and is in the ICU unit of the hospital with pneumonia. I am going to have to bow out of the KITH. I want to give as much notice as possible.

You take care of yours. There will always be KITHs to participate in. Please keep us updated on how things are going, you are in our thoughts.

My KITH is finished and waiting, its a 8 1/2" taper tang General Task Hunter with a 3 1/2" hollow ground blade from O-1 tool steel and heat treated by Peters, shes dressed in green canvas micarta with black white black liners, and 3 brass corbies. I did a simple gun bluing finish and gave it a kydex sheath. This is my first internet KITH and it looks like a great turn out!
Greg
Heres a pic.....
003.jpg
Should be a nice user for somebody.

Last edited:
I've got to bow out of this one. CPA exam results were not as favorable as might be desired (i.e., I didn't pass my last section) and thus my timeline got seriously and disastrously crunched.

Got two AEB-L santoku blades sanded and etched, handles drilled for Corby bolt and
fronts finished and started to glue them all up last night. What do you mean I'm out
of glue! How did that happen! Order in with the Boss Dog. I'm going to try some
G-Flex this time (though I still like the Loctite E-120HP).

Still plenty of time though. I think the one with spalted Ambonya burl sapwood will
go in the KITH.

When I saw an update to this thread, I panicked a little; thinking that I had better get busy quick!

Then I remembered that I have THREE that I finished in the last month and have no home for them. :)

When I saw an update to this thread, I panicked a little; thinking that I had better get busy quick!

Then I remembered that I have THREE that I finished in the last month and have no home for them. :)

How about a little tease pic? :biggrin:

I've got two candidates right now... HT'd but that's it. I'm leaning toward the funkier (in a good way, I hope) of the two... If I manage to hose that one up, I have a more conventional blade. I think you could safely call them both fighters, but plan "B" would be at home for more GP uses as well... but where's the fun in that?

Looks like its going to a be a good turnout. Ill start a new thread on July 1 for pics of finished knives. You will have until July 15 to post a pic of a finished knife. Then we will draw from those.
Looking forward to it.

Back