WIP Bowie knife

Signature side is fitting fairly tight.

95861B40-186A-4AC4-8180-BD2C04893B91.jpg

Opposite side, not so much.

908AEC96-8163-4683-8471-8D1C4BF09E0F.jpg

I have a bit of hand fitting to complete.

The epoxy set up on the throat pieces. I got them cleaned up a bit. You can tell what it should look like when it gets finished up. Blue! Go Royals...

0FE58D3F-E7C1-4D7A-BC52-C6DE61459B94.jpg

I did not much accomplished on the Bowie today. But, I did finish up this project.

The duck is blown foam. It sat in my mother’s yard for years. I had a buddy of mine, paint it. I made the base today. The walnut was cut at my father’s sawmill. I am going to send it to my little brother. I hope he likes it.

5-B94-D776-7632-40-EA-BA53-122-B161-CB5-F7.jpg

I did not much accomplished on the Bowie today. But, I did finish up this project.

The duck is blown foam. It sat in my mother’s yard for years. I had a buddy of mine, paint it. I made the base today. The walnut was cut at my father’s sawmill. I am going to send it to my little brother. I hope he likes it.

5-B94-D776-7632-40-EA-BA53-122-B161-CB5-F7.jpg
Bud he ought to love it!

Dennis far be it for me to give advice to you, seeing the level you are working at! Embarrassed Emoticon.png

The shoulder against the guard is one of those PITA areas. If the shoulder has even the slightest of arches to it, it won't lay flat! You might try your plunge guide and set it up so only the middle can be touched by the file can! With a safe side file against the tang you can more than likely work that down.

I have a knife laying somewhere in the shop that got so discussed with in and myself it never got finished. I tried to work it by hand and evidently I don't have that steady of a hand as I made it much worse! If you know another way please show it. I might try to find the one I screwed up and actually finish it!!

This WIP is fantastic and I am learning every time I visit it. Keep up the great work Dennis!

Chris - Advise away. I will attempt to get the fit a bit tighter tomorrow. It may get placed back in the file guide. I may try to drive it on. We shall see where it goes. Hopefully tighter. I hope you and your wife are feeling better.

Working on the spacer. Got the 3/16 inch top and bottom holes drilled. Super glue is the knife makers friend. Later I will dreamer out the material between the holes. The tang should fit just right. But, the new Avengers movie is calling me and my teenaged son. Popcorn galore!!

99DDEA00-7111-45DC-92F3-8F2282286E54.jpg

Avengers movie was awesome. Thor looks and acts just like my younger brother.

But, I digress.

I love my Dremel. Slots are cut.

A7E61E3C-6CEC-40F3-AB42-F91793F5ABBA.jpg

Back