What's going on in your shop?

They work great! I'm embarrassed to say, I've had the steel laying around for over a year and just now got them done.
The rounding dies work perfect to form the billet before twisting. I've never had a billet twist so nice.

That Sir, is a thing of beauty. ....as I shout from the other room " Honey, I can't help with the garden this weekend, I gotta make this thing that I NEED!"

Working on some Ember 2.5's... got 12 finished up today!

i-CHZxwLf-L.jpg
i-DSnPwpm-M.jpg
i-wxX4m5r-M.jpg

They work great! I'm embarrassed to say, I've had the steel laying around for over a year and just now got them done.
The rounding dies work perfect to form the billet before twisting. I've never had a billet twist so nice.

That is the nicest twist I've ever seen - Looks like I've got to make another set of dies :)

Cool! What is the contraption holding the aluminum plates? Did you make that?
Yeah it's sorta like a waffle iron but the top plate pivots to stay flat on different thicknesses of material. My mathometry ain't that good, but I think I got it laid out to where it wants to pull down square on the material. Top plate and hardware is probably 40 pounds, but I intend to set it up so I can put a spring loaded cam lock on it when I get it mounted.

Back