What's going on in your shop?

Thanks and sorry I’ve been absent. Lots going on with building a new house, remodeling my wife’s brothers house, etc.
Some things I’m considering for the new shop. I’m going to put my grinder on a portable stand so I can move it outside to grind. Thought I would give it a try. I saw on another forum where a knife maker does that. Putting my kiln next to a door so I can step outside to the quench tank to avoid a smokey shop. Also I’ll finally be able to get my mill set up for use.

Last edited:
I just gotta ask about the knife you are holding - what am I looking at, some sort of a stair step grind, a Damascus layering... or what? Whatever it is, that's a pretty nifty look!
Thanks. All these bevels are milled on my cnc. This is just the effect I chose to go for. I may do some hand ground ones down the road but this helps me keep my prices down. Each step is about .0035" if I am remembering correct.

Thanks. All these bevels are milled on my cnc. This is just the effect I chose to go for. I may do some hand ground ones down the road but this helps me keep my prices down. Each step is about .0035" if I am remembering correct.
I rough mine on CNC...grind after HT. you have speeds and feeds and cutter choice very dialed to get finishes that nice!

Back