What's going on in your shop?

Finished this one up yesterday. 4" AEB-L blade, full flat grind, 800 cork belt finish, stabilized black maple burl handle, black micarta pins and black kydex sheath.

Working on profiling out a bunch of blades to go off for heat treat! Mixed bag; S35VN, 5160, Elmax, Alabama Raindrop Damascus, D2, AEB-L.

Attachments

• bb1.jpg
    bb1.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 14
  • blanks.jpg
    blanks.jpg
    689.9 KB · Views: 13
I really like that John. Just curious what the washer is for shown in Picture? What is the washer material?
Jim
Hi Jim. Good to hear from you. The washer is red g-10. Its just a scrap place holder/temporary spacer so I can dial everything in with the profile and action. It just serves the purpose of the pivot counter bored pocket that will be in the scales once they're finished.

Hi Jim. Good to hear from you. The washer is red g-10. Its just a scrap place holder/temporary spacer so I can dial everything in with the profile and action. It just serves the purpose of the pivot counter bored pocket that will be in the scales once they're finished.
So this will be an external pivot screw. Ive only ever done them hidden under the bolster. I do have some real nice titanium screws from Steve that would make great external pivot screws
Thanks for the info John.

Hey sherf ....What's the play by play on the stone wash technique ?
I learned by watching many youtube videos. I will link one later, one that really helped me out without a tumbler. I used Ed's ratio (3:1) with the ferric chloride and distilled water, 3 parts distilled to 1 part chloride, water first. Video linked below, I used windex instead of baking soda in video.

Last edited:
Back