What's going on in your shop?

I'm trying to sort out the order of operations. I don't want to go too far because I'm excited about the build and realize I should have done another step first. Should the blade be complete before filing and fitting up the spacers and handle? I should probably ask this question.
I only take to 220grit before I fit the guard or spacer or whatever. Just so I know everything is smooth and flat so I know there wont be any heavy grinding material removal after the guard is fit

big fail today.
I am determined to learn how to make mokume titanium. Today I made a 2x2 canister of 6al and 6242 Ti and chucked in in the forge. I then turned it up and walked away to let it soak -- too long. I came back and found this puddle of molten Ti and mild steel from the can.
The chunks to the right are Ti and mild steel. Anyone want a necklace?

Today learned how not to do it and when you turn up the forge, pay attention.

IMG_5958.jpgIMG_5959.jpg

I have had a KMG for nearly 20 years. I've gone through three motors and a few bearings but it still is awesome.

Last week we became a full dealer for all of the Beaumount Metal Works line. I called and Rob and said we need the new KMG for the shop. He sent one. I already had a spare VFD and articulating work rest so those aren't pictured. Here are a few unboxing pics. If you are in the neighborhood stop by and give a try. It's new home is where my old KMG was.

IMG_6024.jpgIMG_6023.jpgIMG_6022.jpgIMG_6020.jpgIMG_6018.jpg

I have had a KMG for nearly 20 years. I've gone through three motors and a few bearings but it still is awesome.

Last week we became a full dealer for all of the Beaumount Metal Works line. I called and Rob and said we need the new KMG for the shop. He sent one. I already had a spare VFD and articulating work rest so those aren't pictured. Here are a few unboxing pics. If you are in the neighborhood stop by and give a try. It's new home is where my old KMG was.

View attachment 70436View attachment 70437View attachment 70438View attachment 70439View attachment 70440
Beautiful machine!! I need to replace my "no weld" grinder. Maybe someday. :)

View attachment 70436View attachment 70437View attachment 70438View attachment 70439View attachment 70440

Whoa whoa whoa... a tilting, direct drive KMG?! When did this happen?

Whoa whoa whoa... a tilting, direct drive KMG?! When did this happen?

it was released recently.
I ran it a bit today and was really surprised at how quiet and smooth it was compared to the old one.
it stands quite bit taller than my old one. I may have to build a lower bench for it if I can’t adjust to the new height.

Back