What's going on in your shop?

3 minutes 10 second video and time you will not get back if you watch it.
Procreate is an app for Ipads that records your drawing from start to finish. Many engravers have started to use it since Sam Alfano started posting these of his drawings (which are insanely good and worth watching). This will be my next project. I still have a few hours left to work on this drawing but here is what I have so far. I'd skip it if I were you.

3 minutes 10 second video and time you will not get back if you watch it.
Procreate is an app for Ipads that records your drawing from start to finish. Many engravers have started to use it since Sam Alfano started posting these of his drawings (which are insanely good and worth watching). This will be my next project. I still have a few hours left to work on this drawing but here is what I have so far. I'd skip it if I were you.

That's a really cool tool.

Ok, last one, I promise...
I've really enjoyed working with with rawhide and other materials on these sheaths. If anyone is interested in how to do it, I highly recommend John Cohea's videos on rawhide sheath construction. These were the 3rd and 4th that I've tried. I definitely like the butterfly pattern over the 3 piece construction.

LastOne_1.jpgLastOne_2.jpgLastOne_3.JPG

The surface grinder looks like it is good condition.
Are you planning to convert it to use 2 x 72 belts?
I use my surface grinder on every knife I make.

The surface grinder looks like it is good condition.
Are you planning to convert it to use 2 x 72 belts?
I use my surface grinder on every knife I make.
It’s in perfect condition. We tried it out in his shop. Came with several extra grinding wheels. Not bad for $525 huh? I might eventually convert to 2X72 belts. Want to play around with the extra wheels some first. The guy I bought it from makes custom hunting rifles from scratch. Has an FFL and a manufacturing license. You should see his shop. OMG.

I don't remember if I showed you guys these...I'm working on a batch of 27 knives and handles to iron out production kinks...and there are kinks...lol. The only way to tell which liners and handles and inlays work well together is to play with them. the inlays are epoxied and machined...now to epoxy the liners to the handles. there is not a repeat in the bunch.

The red with white inlay is by request from my son...he loves Victorinox...and well...there ya go. None of these are sanded or polished 'cept the darl mottled one with yellow liners...it got a test polish.
DSC01766.JPG++DSC01762.JPG

I have been getting ready to make my first framelock. I have been ordering equipment and I built a new shop. It is just single garage bay but it should do the trick. Much better than the 2 tables I had before. I am also restoring an old surface grinder and setting up a new mill. For me this project has been a long time in the making and im almost ready. The design is not final but its close.
20190630_213606.jpgIMG_3729.jpg20190630_213556.jpg20190630_213513.jpg20190626_165133.jpg20190630_213611.jpg

Back