What's going on in your shop?

Great stuff going on here fellas! I have been busy busy lately but I had a chance to run through the stuff on here and it's great to see what goes on.

Anyhow, in-between being busy I got a few things done but there's always more to do than I got done it seems. Sorry about the crappy pictures, it's seems like it's either phones pics or no pics at all

22164330635042779a4b5dd953e71311.jpg

154d292749515f92ba5cfa3ca279f92f.jpg

5042f984859f686072fbad1758e9d0ce.jpg

Aebl blanks to be cut this next week

In theory these should turn out just right with the shared profile lines providing the monkey at the saw goes slow.

A whole day affair...... I never seem to be able to fully plan out any knife I make. Walked in the shop at 5am this morning, and decided I needed to "pimp out" this knife (after I considered it done yesterday). After a full day of carving, sanding, polishing, and texturing, it's done! Desert Ironwood, attached to a fluted nickel silver guard, and a blade of Mosaic/410SS Laminate. Well, I guess the knife is done, now I gotta build the sheath..... YUK! :) (I hate building sheaths)

Here's the complete product! Should have a sheath done by the end of this coming week, and it'll be looking for a new home. :)

Here's the complete product! Should have a sheath done by the end of this coming week, and it'll be looking for a new home. :)

WOW! There's so much technicality in pulling somthing like this off and that's just impressive! I really like the little "V" texturing at the but of the handle, do you use somthing like a dremal burr for that? That damascus...*cough* San-Mai is awsome!

Here some of my handle material "give it a try" stuff from the K&G booth at the ICCE show. I don't seem to have the time lately but boy do I have the material!
56982d0c7a931aa4183a83764562f68e.jpg

This grind dis coming out on point. Nice and clean.....this has NOT been easy
05e233310cb1b4a9b58612cda1328ad8.jpg

Have a great Sunday All!

I have a couple of different "rotary" tools in the shop that I use for carving/texturing. I have a cheap harbor freight one for "hogging" material, and all the detail stuff is done with a GRS 850 rotary tool. I also have a rack of handle tools/files that I've made or modified over the years (mostly different types/shapes of files) that can do things the rotary tools can't.

Here some of my handle material "give it a try" stuff from the K&G booth at the ICCE show. I don't seem to have the time lately but boy do I have the material!��
56982d0c7a931aa4183a83764562f68e.jpg

This grind dis coming out on point. Nice and clean.....this has NOT been easy
05e233310cb1b4a9b58612cda1328ad8.jpg

Have a great Sunday All!
Daniel those grinds look amazing. You do good work.
I feel your pain on the handle material. I keep buying beautiful pieces of wood and have no knives to put them on.

I went camping this past weekend with all my family and my first framelock I made that my brother now owns kept getting whipped out and used and I couldn't help but be jealous of it. So I got after another framelock today, this one is a bit different. Going to be my EDC when done, if I don't screw it up!
a12b7db2fd67f7d22300d888571a0b9b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Cowboy leather sewing machine.

We have worked hard to produce the best products we can produce here at Bethel Ridge Forge. We make upgrades and buy machinery when we can afford it. This year we purchased a Cowboy 4500 leather sewing machine which will help to reduce production time and also give the leather work a more professional look. This is our 18th year and in that time we have accumulated a decent production shop. I work with my son Kevin. We like the same music oddly enough.
MOJTYqmzRKYWyVFbxNep4zFOhZHI66LQ-cYKGNPJIvjQCcqJvAHjCdzPYXBGhv2rHNvfp898LZgOow=w1366-h768-rw-no
sYcFdRYQb6os5c481kbLoILJCCP7jk3TvK91w-vcLkf28lObYNzHkrHnE2HbAaH5M-ujw94Y7Kj19Q=w1366-h768-rw-no

I forgot how hard folders are especially with no surface grinder or mill....plugging away, very slowly.
68971255c3e97377d7695cebdc9163c8.jpg

Your post encourages me. I'm about to begin making my first slipjoint and I also have no mill or surface grinder. Yours looks great, by the way. I'd never believe you don't have a mill based on the pictures.

John W. slipjoint is on my list too. It takes alot of work and patience. I have only built the one frame lock and have this other one Im working on. My only advice is take your time and make sure you have all your equipment set up. I took the time to square up my little drill press work rest the best I possibly could. You can barely see it in the picture but I have a spread clamp on the front because my work table just slightly tilt forward and then I bolt my 1-2-3 blocks to it so I'm as true as I think I can get it. For surfacing unfortunately for me is all by hand on a granite plate.

Here is a few knives i have been working on still have to clean the blades up and buff lightly, then make the sheaths for them

1477717774768-1847320250.jpg

1477718161625546505400.jpg

Haven't made a knife since May! Still on my never ending money pit shop upgrade! Just thought I'd mention something about a tool that I couldn't do without. It's not glamorous or high tech, but it's a lifesaver. A pallet jack! If there's any way you can make room to have one, I recommend it highly. Picked this one up on craigslist for $40 a couple years ago and I'll never be without one again. With some creativity, you can move just about anything!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 31
heck yeah. A pallet jack is the poor man's forklift. They're fun to have scooter races on during the night shift, too! Just be prepared to duck and roll when you get thrown!

I forgot how hard folders are especially with no surface grinder or mill....plugging away, very slowly.
68971255c3e97377d7695cebdc9163c8.jpg

Nice! I like the design! I have several that I really need to get after. School keeps getting in the way...sadly....Its nice to see you getting to it again!

Back