What's going on in your shop?

Worked on the pocket cleaver after work, trying like heck to get it done before the hammer in but not sure I will make it.
fc14f99d4d4efe0c42c13d4580d73f17.jpg

f60fb7a783240e4b349363ed35773161.jpg

Heres my own personal I am making for me.
5/16" 1080 9.75" oal
Osage orange handle with blue liner, pcb etched black.
Its not finished yet nor is it as pretty as the others in this thread but, is what Im working on.

f60fb7a783240e4b349363ed35773161.jpg

Heres my own personal I am making for me.
5/16" 1080 9.75" oal
Osage orange handle with blue liner, pcb etched black.
Its not finished yet nor is it as pretty as the others in this thread but, is what Im working on.
That has promise!! everything worth doing takes time, I would suggest though, if you haven't noticed, move the top pin down about 3/4"
Keep at it!

Thanks!

Here's a few more I finished up just in time for this weekend's show.
OCtuYKg.jpg

r5uXps7.jpg

Also plan to take some book covers. Just need to stitch, crease them and fold them.
8gs8yPj.jpg

Thanks,
Chris
you do some great work! I really like the the bottom knife! I'm not very good at leather work but I'm getting better.

Daniel, I saw my error post ht. Next one will be further back. 
I hate it when stuff like that happens!! I feel ya'! you probably won't do that any time soon! but if you have a drill press do you might consider getting a carbide drill bit and you should be able to cut that pretty easy(costs about $10 and saves are butt every now and then)

I know I could have either drilled out a hole further back or used one I already drilled to reduce weight an let the epoxy cross flow. I only had that size pin or larger. Another thought for the next one is either lighter wood or use thinner scales. Is a bit handle heavy. This is knife #3 so is still a learning knife. Oh Well,if this is the worst mistake I make on a knife I can live with that.

Last edited:
I know I could have either drilled out a hole further back or used one I already drilled to reduce weight an let the epoxy cross flow. I only had that size pin or larger.  Another thought for the next one is either lighter wood or use thinner scales. Is a bit handle heavy. This is knife #3 so is still a learning knife. Oh Well,if this is the worst mistake I make on a knife I can live with that.
how thick is the blade?

Another one out the door. This is the first one I've got razor sharp with just the belts on my grinder and a strop. I picked up some high grit belts from Pop at the ICCE show. Whole lot faster than the old Lansky!
photo 8.jpg photo 4.jpg

Anthony, the photography in those two pics is fantastic. I really like that knife design. Quick question- do you have any issues with your ricasso/choil having those right angles? I was having issues with mine wanting to scratch the kydex and make little chips. I started rounding those corners off on my knives so they wouldn't bite into the kydex, but I'm wondering if there's a better approach.

Yeah, I've had that issue to, but I've kind of got a system down now where its not too bad. First, I put 3 layers of regular masking tape on each side of the blade, allowing it to cover the choil. Then I wrap the paracord with blue painters tape to smooth out some of the knots. After pressing, I'm shooting for retention to occur pretty much only at the finger notch, so I flare out the lip enough that the choil slides in semi loose. It might still scratch a little sometimes, but not too much.

Back