What's going on in your shop?

Almost got this thing finished up. 1) If you think that it is easy to file a round 3/4" hole into a square 3/4" hole in a 2 1/4" thick slab of dead soft mild steel, you're wrong. 2) I'm totally over picking up that 2 1/4" thick slab of mild steel.
View attachment 72345View attachment 72346
My back is killin me just thinkin about it. But it shore do look purty. Great job. Wanna do one for a little ol man on the west coast? Hee hee hee!.

Gene, how can I ever catch up with you if you're making FIVE knives at a time ? Slow down, wontcha? BTW, those handles look terrific!

I’ve actually got 11 going right now, these are just a couple steps ahead. It just seams easier and more efficient for me to work in batches than singles. I usually start bigger batches and as deadlines get closer on some, I’ll pull them out and finish them first.

The secret to making it work is putting everything in a nice, neat layout when I’m done for the night so when the little elves come in behind me, they know where to start.

I’ve actually got 11 going right now, these are just a couple steps ahead. It just seams easier and more efficient for me to work in batches than singles. I usually start bigger batches and as deadlines get closer on some, I’ll pull them out and finish them first.

The secret to making it work is putting everything in a nice, neat layout when I’m done for the night so when the little elves come in behind me, they know where to start.
i KNEW it....elves. Wheredja gittum? I gotta git me some too. It's obvious that without them, I'll never catch up to ya!

Back