This knife realy does have scales.

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
View attachment 16885View attachment 16884View attachment 16886View attachment 16887View attachment 16888This is my second liner lock, serial #1, the first one I marked "prototype". This was a custom order and the customer picked out these armadillo scales from what I had in stock. 13c26 blade, titanium liners and spacer, armadillo laminated onto black paper micarta scales, stainless steel screws. This thing weighs two ounces. I've never owned a liner lock before but I've been carrying the prototype for about two months now and I really like it, I see why they are so popular. Ya'll take a look and let me know what you think , good, bad, or otherwise.

Looks great Cal. I really like the pic of the back, the way the liners and scales create parallel lines.

Sean

I fall in the "good" to "like it alot" category.
Really looks nice. I'm a fan of "dillo" scales too.
Dozier

It looks super good to me .The armadillo scales are strange to me but come on great !!!! I would like to suggest using micarta backing liners instead of the paper ones which will deteriorate with getting wet might make it even better. You can get them at Alpha Knife supply. Hey Calvin make more liner locks that one is very neat and tidy. Frank

It looks super good to me .The armadillo scales are strange to me but come on great !!!! I would like to suggest using micarta backing liners instead of the paper ones which will deteriorate with getting wet might make it even better. You can get them at Alpha Knife supply. Hey Calvin make more liner locks that one is very neat and tidy. Frank

I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear, The armadillo scales are glued to black paper MICARTA, they will not deteriorate by getting wet, Im sure the micarta will outlive the armadillo hide. Thank you for your compliments and encouragement, I am starting on another one tomorrow.

I appologize Calvin. The paper micarta is as good as it gets for that job as far as I'm concerned. I did look at it again and do figure the workmanship is great as is the innovative idea you used for the scales. Frank

Hi Calvin,
Absolutely tops. Mind telling how the scales were finished? Such as buffed, clear varnish or superglue or Nothing? Thank you, Jajimi

Hi Calvin,
Absolutely tops. Mind telling how the scales were finished? Such as buffed, clear varnish or superglue or Nothing? Thank you, Jajimi

I don't mind telling. I sanded these lightly with 400 grit paper to lighten up the color a littlt then buffed with pink no scratch compound. I usualy dont like them shiney but these looked better that way than flat. For a flat, more natural look I use 0000 steel wool then coat with neats foot oil.

Back