Sub Hilt fund raiser project

All good advice so far. Mike and I sat down and decided to raffle it. A lottery will only allow people in the hat that can truly afford it. A raffle will let anybody and everybody purchace a ticket and somebody will win it. We have local church friends and family that want an equal chance to win too and a lottery would leave most everybody out.

So a raffle it is! I think the tickets should be low priced at only $5 each or 5 tickets for $20. We can start very soon selling tickets. I think you can paypal or send a check or money order. More details to come.

Great way to produce income for the playground equipment and let all of us who love your knives participate mo money

Looking forward to donating to the cause :D

Mike

OK I can start selling tickets now. Please go to the top of this thread for the details. This is going to be so much fun! Thanks everybody!

The tickets sales are coming in. Paypal is the method of choice but if you want to send a check, that works good too. Thanks you guys!

All the details are on page 1 of this thread. Please check it out.

Sales were brisk and then just stopped. I need to get this out farther than here I guess.
Any ideas? Tell you friends, family, email others with this link? I think I need your help guys!
Bruce Bump

ps, Bladeforums wont allow it. Thank God for Knifedogs!!

Bruce, not only are you a very talented & awesome knife maker you are also a very kind and generous man! Your son is very lucky to have you to learn the craft from. Not only would I be very honored to own this knife I will also be very honored to donate to the cause.
I am sending pp right now for ten spots. Pm sent! Can't wait to see the finished product.
Thanks, Shane

I reread the first post a few times and see your paypal address, but not the ticket price...Is it missing or am just not seeing it?

All good advice so far. Mike and I sat down and decided to raffle it. A lottery will only allow people in the hat that can truly afford it. A raffle will let anybody and everybody purchace a ticket and somebody will win it. We have local church friends and family that want an equal chance to win too and a lottery would leave most everybody out.

So a raffle it is! I think the tickets should be low priced at only $5 each or 5 tickets for $20. We can start very soon selling tickets. I think you can paypal or send a check or money order. More details to come.

It is on the second page

p.s. JD is a no go on helping with this

Last edited:
I reread the first post a few times and see your paypal address, but not the ticket price...Is it missing or am just not seeing it?

Wow You are right! I just edited the first page and included the price. Thanks for letting me know. I need a manager. I'm just a mere knifemaker.
Bruce

I'm not exactly sure who the person would be to talk to, but the custom knives and guns forum seem to be pretty good with fund raisers. Theirs a lot of good guys on that forum also, and they would probley be interested in buying some tickets. I will do a little checkin into that and see who the man is to talk to over there as long as you don't mind me doing that. Besides who would'nt want a shot at a Bruce Bump's first collaboration with his son knife.

Bruce,

First off I can only respect what you are doing for them kids brother. You and your son are good people in my book2thumbs

Second....give me some time...I will buy a few tickets off you just as soon as I move a couple things around.

Come on Dogs lets get this puppy full!!!

Thanks for your generosity Bruce, as well as a chance to own a fine piece and donate to a good cause.

Chris

I agree guys ---- come on, help Bruce with your support as this is a grand display of careing on Bruce's part. I for one guarentee that the engraving & gold border work will be of the highest order that I can do. You know that the knife Bruce and his son turns out will be of the highest quality they can muster. Buy tickets & encourage your friend to do the same ---- PLEASE.

Touching bases. So far we have $320 total. Not bad for 3 days. Paypal is amazing. It was brought to my attention that if you click "gift" when you send money on Paypal there will be no fee charged for the transaction. Every penny helps.
I expect as word gets out there will be a steady flow of ticket sales. We would be happy if we can sell this for $1500-$2000 worth of tickets. I think this knife is going to be worth every penny of that amount.
I cant thank you guys enough for helping us out on this endevor. Keep up the good work.

Thanks men! We are well above $400 now. Also its so cool to see you guys getting on board with linking this thread to your own worlds and other sites and forums. Its amazing what we can do when we work together.

Back