Simple sheath build along

Chris Railey - Back side. If I was going to stitch, I would use the groover and just follow the holes. That way, I cannot miss the groove on the back side. I hope that makes some sense for you. Let me know if I need to explain it better.

5-C18-B756-96-C8-415-C-8-A88-803-BB51-B34-A8.jpg
Thanks, I get that part its just when I groove the back side it looks like a drunk driver went through paint...

I dye the inside edge of the welt. Probably overkill, but, I hate looking inside a sheath and seeing it unfinished. I also dye the inside of the sheath. I am a way over doer in this regard.

6-F9-F32-CF-AA99-4-EC4-9-C49-B1-C95-FDE78-AA.jpg

Now just fiddle with the knife, shield and welt to determine where to place the welt for a nice snug fit. Not overly tight, not loose. Snug is the key. Fingers crossed.

292-D82-C7-ABBA-47-DB-B244-8-A5-F8-DCA3-D79.jpg

The best thing about braiding is you do not have to be as precise with edge work. I hit it with a clean 60 grit belt, dyed the edge, and slicked it for less than 10 minutes. If I was stitching it would take an hour.

The bad thing about braiding is it will take an hour to pull all the lace. With stitching it would be considerably less time.

So it is kind of a trade off in timemanagement.

FE908920-F837-4-B81-A89-A-1-EC85-CEDCAA8.jpg

Back