Shop picture thread.

Random pix from last year in shop, being rearranged now for more room.
Shelving and drawers I built for hand tools, they were all free,slides drawers and all. -- Home Depot changeover to self check out,.. Every time I brought in the testing equip, I told the manager I was taking the drawers and hardware- all they knew was it was goping to be removed to make room ,so they didnt care.

The work rest on the grizz is so I can work on more than knives, its over 2 feet wideand 17 inches deep.(that bowie is 14 inches long for scale)

2 small sears 2x42 lil workhorses.
some salvaged and annealed 5160 im about to use.

That work rest is big enough to eat your supper on while you grind!
That was a good idea with the shelves you cobbed from Home Depot.:cool:

This is the place to post picture of your shop. I will start with a few of mine.

At first I thought those spools in the back of the last pic were wire but im guessing thats para cord....and lots of it. I have been looking over your lanyards and stuff and will probably be making a small order soon.

My Shop

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Jeff I think your shop is bigger then my house ! Very nice.

Nathan,

You got a killer shop, some great machines. Get busy making some knives and you could get the forge....... :rolleyes::)

Nice photos.

TA

Thanks A for the pics but what is on the other side?cool 1

Here's the other side. Forge anvil torches; The Hot side
Also a customer receiveing a knife. Guess my waiting list is getting toooo long. She was just so cute
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC05479.jpg
    DSC05479.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 764
  • sk1.jpg
    sk1.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 768
Hahaha. Love the shop mascot, Andy!

Todd, yeah, tell me about it. Actually, I have some set aside and I'm delivering a knife tomorrow that will add to it. So I'm pretty close to purchase! I have another knife about to be done, but unfortunately, it's for trade for a Martin guitar and not cash :(.

--nathan

Nathan, I built my forge from the tutorial on Indian George's web site. Unde ahundred bucks and works great. Great anvil stand by the way.
Man you guy's have some nice shops.

Andy, I've looked at IG's tutorial, and it's a good build. I don't have a welder, but I do have some friends that can help me out. I'm seriously looking into one of Darren's horizontal forges with a blown setup controlled with PID. Honestly, if I had to build it myself, I may never get it all done based on how much (or how little) shop time I've had lately. The day job has me pretty busy.

And don't get too jealous. My shop is a rental shop/storage unit about 3 miles from my house. I really wish it were in the backyard :D. And my wife has about 1/2 of the shop full of her jun....er....stuff under plastic. ;)

I'll tell you, though. It is nice having a 20x40 foot shop with big overhead door that's already wired for 220 and 110. It's also pass-code gated and has security cameras.

Maybe someday when we build a house, I can talk my wife into an area with big lots so I can build a workshop in the back. I don't need much....just about 20x30 with TONS of outlets both 110 and 220, a poured concrete floor, a large wall mounted exhaust fan to clear out the air, a good radio on the shelf.... Oh the dreams of a knifemaker.

--nathan

Last edited:
Hear is a link to my shop, I really like to make the tools that I use whenever possible. Can save a $hit load of cash, (which I don't have). The grinder is a copy of Rob Frinks KMG, I did buy the wheels and platen attachment from Rob. For the press I used the hydraulics recommended by Indian George Rebello and fabricated the H style frame. The anvil attachments I made as I needed them. One of the tools (drill press) is an old Stanley 1/2" drill with a Stanley press attachment, pictured in "This is what my shop/smithy/garage looks like when the smithing tools are put away for the night" section of the shop page . I do my finish work in my basement, I don't have any pics of that, one of these days I will take some and post them on my site.

http://tbladeforge.com/Shop.html

Nathan don't go buy a forge!! We can make you one real easy for one fith of the cost. Infact if you would like to get together we can do it in a day. Don helped me with my first and it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Let me know if you would like to.

Back