Shop Music Thread- what are you listening to today?

Woke up singing this in my head. Been on a Hiatt kick lately. One of the great American bards.
Sorry I couldn't find a decent vid.

Woke up singing this in my head. Been on a Hiatt kick lately. One of the great American bards.
Sorry I couldn't find a decent vid.

Love Hiatt!...Rye Cooders slide guitar on Lipstick Sunset...still gives me goose bumps...'course ol' johnny boy is no slouch on vocals...!

Been listening to these folks lately too.
I did not expect when I started that vid that I would end up listening to the whole show. Interesting. Primal. Trance-y. Reminds me of the rave scenes from Matrix: Revolution and Blade. I heard elements of Maori haka and RC Church chanting. It plays well in the background for concentration, too, surprisingly.
I like these lads, in a similar vein:

Love Hiatt!...Rye Cooders slide guitar on Lipstick Sunset...still gives me goose bumps...'course ol' johnny boy is no slouch on vocals...!

When I went to listen to Lipstick Sunset on the album, Have a Little Faith In me came on after and gave me a tiny mist. Such a fine, fine songwriter.

I only got to see Hiatt once. That time, he had Sonny Landreth on guitar. What a monster slide player. I'd have loved to have seen them when Michael Ward was on guitar. And, he says wistfully, "Never got to see Cooder at all. $#!t." I've dug him since the funk in that pink suit:

Back