Shop Music Thread- what are you listening to today?

fitzo

KNIFE MAKER
Woke up singing this in my head. Been on a Hiatt kick lately. One of the great American bards.
Sorry I couldn't find a decent vid.

Smallshop

KNIFE MAKER
Woke up singing this in my head. Been on a Hiatt kick lately. One of the great American bards.
Sorry I couldn't find a decent vid.

Love Hiatt!...Rye Cooders slide guitar on Lipstick Sunset...still gives me goose bumps...'course ol' johnny boy is no slouch on vocals...!

fitzo

KNIFE MAKER
Been listening to these folks lately too.
I did not expect when I started that vid that I would end up listening to the whole show. Interesting. Primal. Trance-y. Reminds me of the rave scenes from Matrix: Revolution and Blade. I heard elements of Maori haka and RC Church chanting. It plays well in the background for concentration, too, surprisingly.
I like these lads, in a similar vein:

fitzo

KNIFE MAKER
Love Hiatt!...Rye Cooders slide guitar on Lipstick Sunset...still gives me goose bumps...'course ol' johnny boy is no slouch on vocals...!

When I went to listen to Lipstick Sunset on the album, Have a Little Faith In me came on after and gave me a tiny mist. Such a fine, fine songwriter.

I only got to see Hiatt once. That time, he had Sonny Landreth on guitar. What a monster slide player. I'd have loved to have seen them when Michael Ward was on guitar. And, he says wistfully, "Never got to see Cooder at all. $#!t." I've dug him since the funk in that pink suit: