Shop Music Thread- what are you listening to today?

The Heartbreakers renamed themselves the Blue Stingrays for the surf album Surf-and-Burn.

On another note, turned on the shop radio for the first time in a dozen years and listened to a 1991 AC/DC concert and Eddie Vedder live sounded like Wrigley Field, maybe, as he was talking about the ghosts of Cubs. Adding music to my coming-to-life-again shop made it an afternoon of just a really good "coming home" feeling. I've missed this more than I'd realized. Too bad the CD player in the boom box quit 20 years ago. :)
So, for now, classic rock radio. Eventually get off my backside and hook the iPad together with the Macbook upstairs so I can have the music drive accessible in the shop on a pair of powered speakers. Now that'll be very cool. :cool:

Good thread!

Been giving Marcus King a listen lately. It took me a while to warm up to him and this song is what did it. Maybe it’s because this cover of a Merle Haggard tune was recognizable, so I could hum along to the tune and appreciate his voice and what he did with the song. Of course it never hurts to have Billy Strings on rhythm guitar and trading off leads.

Been giving Marcus King a listen lately. It took me a while to warm up to him and this song is what did it. Maybe it’s because this cover of a Merle Haggard tune was recognizable, so I could hum along to the tune and appreciate his voice and what he did with the song. Of course it never hurts to have Billy Strings on rhythm guitar and trading off leads.

Their cover of "Summertime" is amazing!

for vocals I'm liking Teddy Swims ....

I like that version of the song. Pretty great pair of artists. This song is exactly the song that made me give Marcus King another listen as well.

Some old Willie. It never ceases to amaze me how I can listen to a song of his a million times, and suddenly I'm floored by the genius of his arrangements.
that’s a fact. Willie Nelson’s genius is in making complexity sound simple when it’s anything but. That’s why nobody can play / sound like him and it only gets more obvious when they try to. That’s why he’s recorded with every legend of every genre and they all say the same thing- he’s an amazing musician and composer.

Today I was working on a Brad Meltzer audio book. Music is great for grinding, but an audio is great for heat treat days or handsanding days.
I just got audible. I never cared much for audiobooks but never have time to sit down and read a book anymore so I figured I would give it a shot. Can already tell I’m gonna like it quite a bit.

Back