PKA Show In Denver

SPAknives

Hey Bruce Buddy,
Since the Blade West show is no longer I was looking for another fall show to attend. I have been thinking about doing the PKA show in Denver for the past year or 2. I know you said you are going to the Denver show & Dana Hackney. So I started checking into it. I had to send 2 of my knives to Mike Allen the PKA president to get approval to be a member and go to the show. I just got a phone call from them saying my work passed and I am good to go! I am kind of excited! I hope you will let me come and bug ya a little at the show. I met Dana a few years ago at the blade west show and hope to see him again as well. He is a real stand up guy. Hope to see ya there, it will be here before we know it.

Hi Shane!

Hey, glad to hear that you'll be joining the fray:). That show is growing by the day.
I think there has to be close to 60 tables of makers by now. Graham Fredeen, a good friend
and very accomplished maker just signed up recently too. Bruce should be a big draw (probably will take about every catagory :D!) too.

Looking forward to a good time in August.

Take care!
Dana

Shane, thats great! I've been anxious to meet you. This show from what I have heard in the past is a good one to do.

Dana, thanks but there will be some real stiff competition there as every maker has to show his work for approval just to get a table. This should prove to be interesting to say the least.

It will be here before we realize. I dont have one knife done for it yet. Git back to the shop Bump!

Yeppers, it's coming too quickly

You are right, Bruce. There are some really fine makers in this lot. Besides Shane
and Graham, there will always be guys like Craig Camerer to compete with :).

This year's show has already out grown any year that I am aware of for the number of tables. Yeehaaa!

Dana

I'm sure I won't be much competition, but I thought this would be a great show to do for me. It is in driving distance, and like you said there will be lots of very good maker including the both of you. I had better get my but to work also or I won't have any knives to take.
How far are you from the show Dana? Bruce are you flyin in or drivin?

We're flying in. Theres a big savings if we drive to Portland and fly out. I cant drive as long as I used to. I start day dreaming about knives and guns instead of cars and trucks and just zone off. Gravel hitting the underside of the car wakes me up though.

I should definitely be at the show. I got my receipt in the mail for the dues/table fees about a week and a half ago. They haven’t deposited my check yet (guess they have to ship it off to Craig Camerer since he’s in charge of the money), but they have it at least :) . Looking forward to it and to meeting you folks.

It will definitely be coming up too fast. I wish I had nothing to do for the next couple of months but be in the shop, but I’m still only on weekends. Going to try to get at least a few done. Tried some more advanced mosaic damascus and am a bit hooked now. I want to try to get another couple billets of it done, but have to be careful to make sure to leave myself enough time to actually make some knives out of the stuff, lol.

Don’t know about any of the awards. I’ll throw in for a few but not sure if I’d be in contention, just have to wait and see. It'd be cool to get an award but the show will be enjoyable wheter that happens or not :bud:

Mike and Audra Draper will be there. Mike has been making slip joints the past couple of years.

Mike

Mike and Audra used to do the Montana show years ago but went to Denver instead because Audra said "Its just too good of a show to miss". I have wanted to check it out ever since she recommended it. Its our big show for the year and we get to tour Denver and Pikes Peak with our best friends, Dana and Sandy. It dont get much better than that.2thumbs

Looking forward

to having Bruce and Kaye stay with us.

I've got a couple of racoons I've been eyeing the last couple of weeks that have been eating our bird feed and poopin' on the lawn. They are just about the right size for our grill out back2guns

I'll hook up the O2 bottle in the back of the car too for our trip up Pikes Peak :). We oughta be in great shape for the show:D

Seriously, we are really excited about have our best buds stay with us. It'll be a real treat for us all.

Dana

to having Bruce and Kaye stay with us.

I've got a couple of racoons I've been eyeing the last couple of weeks that have been eating our bird feed and poopin' on the lawn. They are just about the right size for our grill out back2guns

I'll hook up the O2 bottle in the back of the car too for our trip up Pikes Peak :). We oughta be in great shape for the show:D

Seriously, we are really excited about have our best buds stay with us. It'll be a real treat for us all.

Dana

Oh good, some real meat. I thought we were gonna just eat granola and drink carrot juice. You two are so healthy, considering theres no air up there. I'll bring my Rib Rub recipe :D

OK you guys yer makin me hungry!:D

You guys better start posting some pics of yer merchandise for the show so we can see what were up against. I think it is goin to be a dang good time!

OK you guys yer makin me hungry!:D

You guys better start posting some pics of yer merchandise for the show so we can see what were up against. I think it is goin to be a dang good time!

I've only got about 6 knives to take so far. It scares me to think how fast the show is comming up and what little work I have done. I need a ton more shop time, thats for sure.

Here's something I'll be taking though:

RaindropPatternHunter1.jpg

RaindropPatternHunter3.jpg

Got a lot of other cool things I'm working on, just hope I can get them done by August 20th! :eek:

NIce work Graham!

I hope your table is at the other end of the room and not next to mine:eek:

Your stuff's gonna make mine look badshkn

Dana

Looking forward to checking out your knives. I attended this show for the first time last year....one of my son's attends Univ. of CO @ Boulder and it is the same weekend I drop him off for school. I got a table and it was a decent show for me sales wise plus fun as always hang'in with friends. I have a table again this year.

Looking forward to checking out your knives. I attended this show for the first time last year....one of my son's attends Univ. of CO @ Boulder and it is the same weekend I drop him off for school. I got a table and it was a decent show for me sales wise plus fun as always hang'in with friends. I have a table again this year.

Hi Mark,
it will be nice to meet fellow dogs finally. We dont get out much anymore and am so looking forward to this show. Glad to hear it was good. See ya there :bud:

Graham, that is a beauty. I really really like that damascus. What are the dates for the show?

Hi Denton,
The dates are August 20,21,22 for 2010
I'm having trouble finding a show flyer to put up here. Anybody have the link? Its a full page add in Blade Magazine.

Thanks Bruce, Dana and Denton!

Bruce, here is what the PKA has up on their website about the show:

pkashowflyer2010.jpg

and here's the link to that page on their website: http://proknifemakers.bizland.com/2010showpage.htm

Not sure if thats the same thing they had in Blade or not. Dana showed me it in his copy awhile ago, but I've since completly forgotten what it looked like.

The show is comming up way too fast. Been busy out forging for about 4 hours straight this morning. Looks like my 15 min break is about up. Time to go forge some more.

Take care all.

Back