Official KnifeDogs Summer 2014 KITH PHOTO Thread!

Just finished mine today. I just need to make the belt loop for it and it will be ready to go
2014-07-06_21.33.11[1].jpg20140706_212645_Richtone(HDR)[1].jpg
Knife specs:
Natural Micarta handle
stainless pins
1095 blade
~3.75" blade
Just under 8" overall

Attachments

• 2014-07-06_21.30.31[1].jpg
    2014-07-06_21.30.31[1].jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 2014-07-06_21.34.24[1].jpg
    2014-07-06_21.34.24[1].jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 28
Mines all finished up just need to finish up the sheath. Blade length is 3 1/2" oal is just under 8". 1095 with red g10 liners and black and grey g10 handle. Sorry for the bad picture I dont know why it looks so blurry hopefully I can get a better one up.
Derek Lee
KITH2014.jpg

Added a better photo.

kithbetter.jpg

Last edited:
I'm still in too. Had a catastrophe with scales breaking on my desired submission and no time to order anything else. Luckily, I had another blade handy that I was going to make for myself. Just gotta make the sheath and I'm good to go :) Lots of great submissions guys!

I'm still in also. Just been busy and now this is really bugging me it isn't done. I'll have it next week.
t

3" blade out of 1084 forged and all the rest done by hand. Didn't remember how I worked before having a grinder setup and power tools to assist. Handle nearly finished. Photo will be up before the end of day on the 14th. (Backup knife)

Last edited:
Here's what I came up with:

Steel: CPM D2
Scales: Burgandy Linen Micarta
Hardware: C110 Copper bolsters and pins, brass mosaic pin and thong hole liner
Bade: Just shy of 4" from tip to front of bolsters

2014KITH1.jpg

2014KITH2.jpg

This is far from perfect... The big standouts are that my makers mark came out bad on this one, and the bolsters are off just a hair. This is only my second knife with copper bolsters, and I suspect that the softness of the pins allowed a bit more movement when peining the bolsters. At any rate, I feel it's a solid and comfortable knife, and I hope whoever receives it gets good use out of it.

Attachments

• 2014KITH1.jpg
    2014KITH1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 2014KITH2.jpg
    2014KITH2.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Here's what I came up with:

Steel: CPM D2
Scales: Burgandy Linen Micarta
Hardware: C110 Copper bolsters and pins, brass mosaic pin and thong hole liner
Bade: Just shy of 4" from tip to front of bolsters

2014KITH1.jpg

2014KITH2.jpg

This is far from perfect... The big standouts are that my makers mark came out bad on this one, and the bolsters are off just a hair. This is only my second knife with copper bolsters, and I suspect that the softness of the pins allowed a bit more movement when peining the bolsters. At any rate, I feel it's a solid and comfortable knife, and I hope whoever receives it gets good use out of it.

That came out really really nice. I love the copper!

hi,
basic knife, a deuchkiri. oal is 8 1/2", 3 3/4" cutting edge, blade width is 1 1/2". the blade is 1.2519 tool steel, think O1 on steroids, 1/16" thick at spine, scandi grind, about 10 degrees per side. I did the heat treat. Did a second 5 point hardness check tonite at the office to verify earlier measurements. 10 point average is Rc64. works well in the kitchen as a slicer. handle is spalted maple from my front yard.
kith2.jpg
kith1.jpg

That's a handy looking knife, Scott!

That came out really really nice. I love the copper!
Thanks, Derek! I have mixed feelings about the copper... I like the look of it, but it gets HOT fast when grinding. Of course, it's pretty soft, and will scratch if you look at it funny. I'm sure I'll use it again soon on another project.

Here's what I put together it called the kyphosis . I designed it to be a small EDC but still have a secure grip . The total length is just under 5.5" with a cutting edge of 2.25" . It's AEB-L and has OD green G10 with red g10 liners and comes with a carbon fiber pattern sheath with a removable belt clip .
umanu6at.jpg
zuzygeta.jpg
7uqugyza.jpg

Jason Good
Jgoodknives on Instagram and Facebook

Here's my little one (the backup).

1084 forged, hand filed, sanded, and polished. Forced copper based patina. Under 4" cutting edge. Handle dark African paduk with green liners, 416 stainless steel pins and lanyard tube. Sheath Herman Oak with 5 coats of saddle oil and 2 coats of Aussie.

Being hand made since my shop has been under construction and closed for the last 3 months there are some design features (small issues) on this one. I sent it to the engraver for my mark. It will ship on time if it is selected by the person getting one from me.

rps20140713_000239.jpg

The other knife to choose from:

3541452.jpg

Shop still not completed, needs about 2 more weeks...

Last edited:
Back