Morland Picture Gallery

Dennis Morland

KNIFE MAKER
Many of you know me by DeMo. I had my user name updated to my real name.

Photobucket went AWOL. Here was my old thread. https://knifedogs.com/threads/demo-knife-thread.34404/ I will miss it and all the time/energy/work that went into creating it. Don't get me started...

Lots and lots of changes. The one constant is I am still making knives. This will be the new home for my pictures. I went with PostImage. I hope this works.

One last thing. John Doyle, I will not post my pictures in the "new to knifemaking" section any longer.

Dennis

Last edited:
Knife is made from 1075. 5 inch blade and 5 inch handle. Handle is African Blackwood. 416 SS guard, butt cap and 1/16 pin. Rounded spine on the blade. Guard is filed. Butt cap is filed. Mosaic pin in butt cap with brass highlight. Brass highlight inserted into the guard. Tooled black leather sheath with leather lacing. US Marine concho attached. I learned something...the emblem is called a EGA (Eagle, Globe, Anchor). Makes sense to me. Here are the pictures.

DSC05268.jpg

DSC05269.jpg

DSC05272.jpg

DSC05274.jpg

DSC05276.jpg

DSC05279.jpg

DSC05282.jpg

Last edited:
Wow Dennis those are all super nice- liking the EGA sheath and the blackwood a lot, and also digging the jigged bone with hamon quite a bit. Conrats on the newbie site graduation:D!!

Very nice Dennis! Did I spy some Sheoak in there?

Jess
Certainly a possibility. Some of those knives were made so long ago, I have forgotten. One is koa, one is red mallee burl, and one was some kind of oak from somewhere other than the good ole USA. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
Dennis

Here is the latest knives that I have completed. 6 inch neckers made from 1075. Hamons. One is orange/black/white G10. The other is walnut with golden streaks and mosaic pins. Both have sheaths made from Wickett & Craig leather. Love that stuff. Hope you like them.

DSC05287.jpg

DSC05292.jpg

DSC05291.jpg

DSC05295.jpg

DSC05300.jpg

DSC05301.jpg

DSC05306.jpg

Last edited:
Back