Morland Picture Gallery

I had a rare few days at home. My son had his nose surgery and someone needed to stick around and take care of him. Lucky me! I got four (4) knives completed. Yippee!! For some makers, that isn't very many. For me, it is a lot. First up, a knife that I made for my 35th High School class reunion. I ended up giving it to a classmate that is recovering from West Niles virus. I do not ever want to get that disease. A little neck knife from 1075 in the school colors and every graduates name on the sheath. It went over pretty well...

Go Badgers!!

Next I had a three finger skinner made from 1095. I had two short pieces and could not decide what to make from them. I came up with these as they are around 6 inches long. I just hate to have shorts and have them go to waste. First one is G10. Black bolsters and trio for scales. Black sheath from Wickett and Craig leather. I really like this one.

Another three finger skinner made from 1095. Again, around 6 inches long made from a leftover short piece of steel. This time it is dyed California buckeye burl. I got the burl from John Doyle in a bargain box. I had a buddy of mine stabilize and dye it. He is just starting to get into the stabilization. He ended buying the knife to show all his potential customers his product. Works for me. Notice, this is my first attempt at a plungeless type knife. I think it turned out well. I'm looking forward to trying it on a much larger kitchen knife.

Next I had a three finger skinner made from 1095. I had two short pieces and could not decide what to make from them. I came up with these as they are around 6 inches long. I just hate to have shorts and have them go to waste. First one is G10. Black bolsters and trio for scales. Black sheath from Wickett and Craig leather. I really like this one.

A Mini-Skinner!

I have been working on this next knife for about six months. Do a little work, think about it, do a little work, think about it. I have finally finished it up. A buddy of mine helped to design this knife for himself. He is stoked about it being finished. I hope he likes his new mini-cleaver. Made from high carbon steel, copper liners, copper pins, copper inserts, ironwood, a nice hamon, lots of filing, and some Wickett & Craig leather. Pictures are better than words. Just take a look at this beauty.

Last edited: