Just a few picked up here & there.

A Matched Pair

Just received the SB from Rick Menefee with some killer mammoth to match the back pocket acquired earlier.
IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

:biggrin:

Every once in a while a production knife will strike my fancy. This one did, not too expensive at 45 bucks on the bay.
REM-1128-20.jpg

Happy Camper (Collector and User)

One by Ken Coats made about 3 years ago. When I recently bought it, I found it had a liner with slight bend in it. Called Ken and asked for my options, he replied, "Send it back".
I did, then I got notification from USPS that a notice had been left and box unclaimed. Then Ken sent me an email asking me if I had gotten the box back yet? I told him I had not been to PO for a while and did I need to ship it a different way? He replied back, No, I meant did you receive the knife since I had rebuilt it? WOW!!! A two day turn around.
I could not believe it. Went to the PO and got it. Wow again, new liners, scales and perfection. He is one maker that I really feel I can trust to do the right thing. Never will hesitate to buy more from him. Have another on order with him now.
cmh______002.jpg

002-7.jpg

cmh______003.jpg

Guess what pattern? :biggrin: Great job by an up and coming maker with Tony Bose mentoring, Brent Cramer. His first to sell.
IMG_7425.jpg

IMG_7450.jpg

IMG_7460.jpg

IMG_7473.jpg

IMG_7480.jpg

IMG_7486.jpg

A folder not owned by me, custom one by a KNOWN sword maker (Retired). Any guesses? He shared the photo with me as he only ever made two folders. His son has one and him the other. Not a member here. A correct guess will get a chosen knife from my collection. (by me of course) But you might ask Bill Vining how that worked out for him.:biggrin:
js.jpg

Every time I see this one I am reminded of the disease I am cursed with, my belly has done lapped over my belt.:sad:
Picture197.jpg

Yes, I know, I cleaned it. But I do not like the looks of the old patina combined with rust.:shush: It is mine and no intent on selling.

Picture002.jpg

Picture204.jpg

Ken Coats work is really coming along. Bought a couple a few years ago, and this recent one's quality just rocks.
Thanks Ken for a job well done.
100_1901_edited-1.jpg

I love this old pattern by Case, have no idea why they stopped making it. Perhaps a call to Tony could get it reissued.:biggrin:
IMG_0844-1.jpg

A folder not owned by me, custom one by a KNOWN sword maker (Retired). Any guesses? He shared the photo with me as he only ever made two folders. His son has one and him the other. Not a member here. A correct guess will get a chosen knife from my collection. (by me of course) But you might ask Bill Vining how that worked out for him.:biggrin:
js.jpg

According to your newly opened gallery this one is made by John Salley :) There are some seriously nice knives in your collection.

Alistair

According to your newly opened gallery this one is made by John Salley :) There are some seriously nice knives in your collection.

Alistair
Good Guess Alistair, :) too bad I ran out of give away knives. Ran out just at the time I made the album public :)
And thank you for the compliment.
Jim

Back