Just a few picked up here & there.

Rick Menefee is a VERY sharp, knife maker. His blades are thin and real slicers. The
pen blade on this one was ground from 1/16'' stock. Not a pry bar, but a slicer for sure.
Here is one of his latest. First two blade that my grandchildren have gotten from him.

DSC03514.jpg

DSC03511.jpg

DSC03508.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice collection you have there sir. Some pretty impresive names in there.
I just picked up a Peanut pattern from one of them and well you'll see it here maybe. Just finished my first linerless shadow as well.

Still hoping to see it soon.
Jim

Well, they are cutting instruments>:p
Hand forged in Japan in the 50's according to my deceased brother who served over there.
ToddChisel1.jpg

From my Uncle Joe, he made his first knife that I have in 1898 when he went to work at Bethlehem Steel at the ripe age of 8. These were his lathe tools, both sets, chisels and lathe tools sharpened by Robert Dark, a good friend.

ToddChisel2.jpg

Most everyone notices that I love peanuts. And not just the eating kind.:)
Charlie (Waynorth on BF) recently helped me add to my grandsons collection with these two.
The bone one is near mint, the MOP is used but in good condition for its age. Both of these
are the uncommon pattern from Remington called peanuts.
RemPnuts.jpg

You've got some nice knives there. Those chisels from Japan look very nice as well!

Thanks Allen,
I don't have a shot of the back of them, but they are hollow ground. To sharpen them, just use a flat surface, takes very little metal removal to get them back to shaving. Robert Dark told me they were the first he had ever seen made like these. The reason I had him sharpen them, the face of the chisels were badly scarred and the edges nicked and dulled. He did a great job on them, he said it took him two days to finish the tools up. I really appreciate what he did for me. Once I get a grinder, perhaps I will be sharpening my own.

Jim

love those old remington peanuts, i collect the old winchesters and have a couple of there peanuts. thats a great pattern and hard to find old unused ones ..

love those old remington peanuts, i collect the old winchesters and have a couple of there peanuts. thats a great pattern and hard to find old unused ones ..

If you need an old knife found in great condition, just ask Charlie to be on the lookout for you. He turned these up in less than a month of me asking. He knows who to ask and where to look. Just in case you are missing one or two particular ones you desire.
Jim

Just getting this one in, it is the bottom one with the G-11 I sell.
Rick grinds a mean blade, never had one that was not wicked sharp.
Rick Menefee's Desk Knives
DSC03674.jpg

Snagged this one the other night at a price I had NEVER seen on one of Ray Cover's knives. Thanks to Julie at ACK.
11944-1.jpg

A few more,
First: Peanut by Bret Dowell, notice the seamless back.
eIMG_0348.jpg

eIMG_0347.jpg

eIMG_0349.jpg

Second: Another Rick Menefee.
Rick-Menefee-Knife-513x427.jpg

Third: A peanut in same pattern as Bret, but who by?
First Correct guess will receive a knife out of my box. CONUS ONLY PLEASE

11941-2.jpg

11941-1-1.gif

Last edited:
Family Photo

This is most of the family "Menefee Side" although a few members are at the spa in OK getting a fluff and buff. :5:

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

Jim

Forgery

I accidentally grabbed the wrong knife, it was made by Keith Johnson, in SW corner, SB jack, wharnnie blade. Here is a new photo showing Ricks SB right above Keiths'.
IMG_1259.jpg

Third: A peanut in same pattern as Bret, but who by?
First Correct guess will receive a knife out of my box.

11941-2.jpg

11941-1-1.gif

Wouldn't have a clue but I recall seeing a nice knife by Bill Ruple that had some fantastic filework on it like that. Rusty Preston is another one that comes to mind with the dovetailed bolsters and the filework.

Alistair

Back