Just a few picked up here & there.

Wouldn't have a clue but I recall seeing a nice knife by Bill Ruple that had some fantastic filework on it like that. Rusty Preston is another one that comes to mind with the dovetailed bolsters and the filework.

Alistair
You guessed well, but, WRONG.:2: I think it does look like some of Rusty's work as well as Ruple. Here is one by Rusty for comparison.
2239034550096704759S600x600Q85-1.jpg

2481838780096704759S600x600Q85.jpg

Yeah the nail nick seemed out of place with those guesses. Based on the nail nick alone I would guess Ken Coats but apart from that you have me stumped :)

Yeah the nail nick seemed out of place with those guesses. Based on the nail nick alone I would guess Ken Coats but apart from that you have me stumped :)
Got your PM and you were right, but the cost to Aussie land is going to be more than the knife may be worth. Perhaps when my peanut is done we can figure out how to do it. I have several knives that are duplicates and I can give more than one away. Let the others play.
Thanks for the interest,
Jim

Speaking of Peanuts, I just got finished cooking one or two.... Im really liking one of them, The one African blackwood is mine but I promiced to finish yours first.

Speaking of Peanuts, I just got finished cooking one or two.... Im really liking one of them, The one African blackwood is mine but I promiced to finish yours first.
With that comment, you have me without words to say. BUT, I AM EXCITED.:s11779:

In Blade and in Knives 2011 - Allen Newberry's Pocket Cutlass

pocketcutlassgoldbackgr.jpg

pocketcutlassbronzeback.jpg

pocketcutlassbamboomat.jpg

Proud to be the owner of this one. Have a Camp Cutlass to match on order.
Thanks Allen!

orig1.jpg

Looks like a Don Morrow to me.

A few more,
First: Peanut by Bret Dowell, notice the seamless back.
eIMG_0348.jpg

eIMG_0347.jpg

eIMG_0349.jpg

Second: Another Rick Menefee.
Rick-Menefee-Knife-513x427.jpg

Third: A peanut in same pattern as Bret, but who by?
First Correct guess will receive a knife out of my box. CONUS ONLY PLEASE

11941-2.jpg

11941-1-1.gif

That's a very nice collection you've got there!!!! How many years have you been collecting?

Started a modest collection in 1965, kinda took spurts here and there. I have stopped calling it a collection, but an accumulation. Just started a "collection of custom peanuts"
I will share that when I have more in hand. Have a bunch of orders out that will not be completed until next year or the next. Thank You for your comment.
Jim

wow,never saw so many beauts in one collection.
love those single blades myself.
especially the mike alsdorf customs.
is he a member here?
where can i see more?
thanks for sharing with me a newbie,
jd

Back