Have you heard the latest Rumor about Bossdog................

I too am anxious to see the finished product. Along with the NWG and the "Grinder in a Box", this is another exciting, new option for someone looking for his first serious grinder.

So, for a single speed motor would you recommend a 3450 RPM? It seems a 1725 RPM with a 4 inch wheel would be pretty slow for hogging.

Boss Dog . I hope the direction of the belt in the pics is not an indication of the direction that the grinder will run in .2thumbs :D

it will run standard (towards you) direction but can go the other way I suppose if you wire that way. I am going to set mine up as a VFD with a 1.5hp motor so I guess I could have it run either way. Dave is going to order some more aluminum tomorrow for V2 prototype. When he gets the V2 one cut and sent, I will get it together and running. After that, I will start assembling a full kit. It will NOT come with a motor. I am just not able to support wiring or warranty issues at this time. I will take plenty of pictures of my build and post them.

it will run standard (towards you) direction but can go the other way I suppose if you wire that way. I am going to set mine up as a VFD with a 1.5hp motor so I guess I could have it run either way. Dave is going to order some more aluminum tomorrow for V2 prototype. When he gets the V2 one cut and sent, I will get it together and running. After that, I will start assembling a full kit. It will NOT come with a motor. I am just not able to support wiring or warranty issues at this time. I will take plenty of pictures of my build and post them.

Can't wait T. This is going to be one great grinder. Still think you need to cut the knife dog symbol in the frame.2thumbs Wonder how much it would be to powder coat?

Indeed you did, Wayne.....LMAO

Dont get me wrong....My Coote has saved me a lot of headaches compared to my little old 2x42". But I think I am ready for a real grinder, this Coote will go to my son:D2thumbs

Gotta start socking some cash away. I feel this grinder is going to be in production very soon!!!!!

Chris

I share your pain! I am grinding on a Coote.....While it keeps me grinding, I am ready to upgrade to a "Pro Grinder" myself2thumbs

Chris, I hate to be an old I told you so!, but I told you so! :haha:

no idea on price yet. Dave says he will have Version 2 in the mail to me by the end of this week. Once I get it built (15 minutes to build it, 10 hours to wire up the VFD and motor, 1 hour to work up the nerve to plug it in the socket in case I wired it wrong)
Then we can start working on pricing...sorry, can't be more specific.

no idea on price yet. Dave says he will have Version 2 in the mail to me by the end of this week. Once I get it built (15 minutes to build it, 10 hours to wire up the VFD and motor, 1 hour to work up the nerve to plug it in the socket in case I wired it wrong)
Then we can start working on pricing...sorry, can't be more specific.

Tracy,
Are you and Dave still going to make the Rotating Platen available for the KMG? I haven't been on USA Knifemaking supply in a few days, the last time I was on there, the only one that was on there were the first runs. I decided to wait on the finished version. Has that been put on hold with the grinder build? I'm not sure how long I will have to wait on my grinder, but the Rotating platen I want to get ASAP, I think it will save me a lot of time. Not to mention it's just freakin cool! Thanks Bro`, Rex

I've been trying not to ask that question. If the rotating platen does become available for my KMG it will definitely go on my wish list. Of course getting from the wish list to the buy list may take a little while...

The rotating platen is a bit too long for the KMG. When we get the current project done, we will come back and re-look at one that will fit the KMG...

Back