For A Buddy That Just Retired

SPAknives

Here is a knife I finished a week or so ago. It is for a buddy that I have worked with for almost six years. To bad I don't get to retire for about 35 years. He is a real good guy so I thought he deserved a nice going away present. This one is a little over 7" long with about a 3" blade made from CPM S30V. The bolster is Wooly Mammoth tusk, & the handle is buckeye burl. I also made the sheath. It has a gator skin inlay & I lined with suede leather. This is the first time I done the roll at the top of the sheath. Hope you enjoy the pics and let me know what ya think. Thanks, Shane

Attachments

• DSC_0051.jpg
    DSC_0051.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC_0041.jpg
    DSC_0041.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC_0042.jpg
    DSC_0042.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 66
Shane,That knife is just simply great,Love the file work,You out done your self on the sheath.Everything looks great.
Al May

Shane,

Nice knife and sheath. Your knives have a distinct style about then that I really like.
I don't plan on retireing to soon, but when I do. I will let you know way ahead of time.:D:D

Bing
MLazyB Custom Knives

Shane,

That rig turned out great! The blade and sheath go hand in hand and you did a damn fine job. Even better its a gift. Well done Shane, your a good dude.

Keep em coming2thumbs

Chris

Gee! No one made me a nice knife when I retired! :D Probably 'cause my co-workers couldn't walk & chew gum at the same time! I like that file work... post that 3rd pix over in the Knife Deco area, Shane.

Hey Fellors, Thanks for all the great comments.
Clydetz, I will go ahead and put that pic in Knife Deco. I'm glad you like it. Thanks

Back