Favorite Recipes

Great recipes, Mike T. Just a tip: if you see any black specks in your roux, throw it out and start over - it has burned.

Last edited:
I coat my Burgers with my BBQ rub made of 1 cup white sugar, 1 cup of brown sugar and 2 Tablespoons of Tony Chachere's Cajun Seasoning. I use this seasoning on everything I BBQ.

IG,
I ain't no Cajun but I sure eats me sum:biggrin:
Friend of mine just went back to work for Anderson Fish Farm's, largest in the world, so I'll be stocked up on sum crawdads.

Todd

Don't you go boilin no bugs without givin me a yell Todd.

Murph will do.

Hey we’ll get JP to have another shop visit this summer and cook-up sum bugs with taters and corn-on-the-cob. Wonder how many pounds it’ll take for 20-30 guys and gals:les:

Todd

Mike'
I wish that everybody that has the least little interest in knves could show up. Might better start with 4-5 pounds per person we got some fellows down here that you can't beat away from food until you yell " Hey fellows we got cake over here":biggrin:

Finished cleaning ducks about an hour ago and thought about sharing one of my favorite ways to fix duck.

Wild Stuffed Duck Breast

12-16 Ducks Breast Fillets
1 Package of Cream Cheese softened
Jalapenos slices
1 Pound of Bacon
1 Bottle of you favorite Beer – optional

With breast laying flat on cutting board insert knife into the center of the long edge of the breast and cut to make a large pocket end to end. Stuff with softened cream cheese and jalapenos slices. Don’t be scared wimen and children love this. Rap in bacon slices and secure with toothpicks.
Place on hot grill and open beer:yes:
Cook until bacon is done; do not overcook the duck or you’ll just have DRY duck.
When bacon is done remove from grill and let them stand for about 5 minutes before serving; the cheese inside is HOT, not that I would know about that or anything.
But if you bite into one too soon that’s where that cold beer becomes not a option.

If there are any leftovers they are good straight out of the fridge cold too.

Todd

Boilin bugs might need to be a Saturday afternoon event Todd. 20-30 personnel = 100lbs of bugs (minimum).

***We mght have to run down to Louisiana to pick em up. Even at a discounted rate they're crazy expensive in Arkansas.

Back