A bowie born from the ashes WIP

antigoth24

So this past week has been very frustrating and full of set backs. I have been working with W2 recently and this week I lost five blades to the quench which hasn't happened to me in years. :( One of the blades was a large harpoon point bowie, so I got back on the horse and made another one in the same profile. At this point the knife is all together but still needs some final adjustments before I make the sheath. This is my first knife of any kind to have a pattern welded guard and man was that a learning experience, but over all I am pleased with the lines and feel of the knife. I only had time for a quick photo today and it doesn't really showcase the hamon very well, but more photos are to come. Thanks for looking!

Robert

Specs:

Blade Length: 11 inches
Handle: 5 1/4 inches
Blade width: 2 inches
Handle material: Stabilized Claro Walnut
Guard: Scrapmascus of old viking sword and broken knives :)

This is absolutely gorgeous and mean looking at the same time. Great shape and blade lines!

Love it.

image.jpgimage.jpgHey there! Nice looking knife! I have been having success with w2 recently following an article I got online. What is your quench fluid? Are you normalizing?

Well your hard work has paid off, the bowie knife looks awesome with great simple design and blade lines. Thank you for sharing your work with us. Looking forward too see your other great inventions.

Thank you everyone for your patience I just finished the knife not to long ago and sent it off to Scott Roush to photograph and he did a great job. Let me know what you all think. I ended up trying a smaller fold formed copper inlay than I normally use and liked the more subtle touch it added to the sheath.

Back