WIP-New Linerlock set for USA Knifemakers

Curtiss Knives

KD Founding Member #1, Knifemaker
Well its been a while since I posted. Been busy to the max lately getting ready for a show. Tracy and I have wanted to put out a new folder for a while after the Big Dog framelock we did. So without further a due, I give you the "PIT BULL". This is a design I created for Tracy to have in his store. The knife uses .045" titanium liners, .150" Elmax blade and a list of parts that Tracy already has in his store. The knife is 7" opened and 4" closed with a 3" cutting edge. I liked the design so much, I decided to start a WIP and build one. So here we go.

Hers the parts of the waterjet.

DSCN2395.jpg

Heres some of the parts including the black textured G-10 for the set.
DSCN2397.JPG

A little pre-fit and surface grind blade to .125".
DSCN2398.jpg

More of the same.
DSCN2399.jpg

Heres the knife fit up with the blade ground. Basically the knife is ready for heat treat at this point and I'm out of time today.
DSCN2403.JPGDSCN2401.JPGDSCN2400.JPGDSCN2402.JPG

Still a lot to do. Well what do ya think?

Last edited:
Stew, the pre cut scales are the ones you see in the pics. I only had textured black g-10 and Tracy will have them.

That's cool! I wasn't sure if they were available too. So is G10 able to be waterjet cut?

Stew, g-10 can be cut by a waterjet. Just got to know how. It's not easy. Pricing and release are up to Tracy.

And here we are...done. I will say so far I really like the Elmax blade steel. I did a stonewash on all of the knife parts. I like it for it's industrial look. I didn't put a clip on this on because I have a very nice lanyard to go on instead. May change my mind later. This knife was a lot of fun to build and very straight forward. Post pics of yours when you start on them.
DSCN2404.jpgDSCN2405.jpgDSCN2407.jpgDSCN2406.jpg

Ok, so Boss... Pricing and release date? :)

Looks like a good solid design to me!

I don't have either one yet. Dave has the parts cut and will be shipping them soon. Then I have to build one. Then I have to kit them up and get them listed. I should have them up early next week if not before. No pricing yet until I get the parts break down and do some fancy math. I can tell you these are quality, high end USA parts with premium knife steel so they aren't going to be import priced. The G10 scales Dave is showing here will be an option to allow a builder choice of scales.

And here we are...done. I will say so far I really like the Elmax blade steel. I did a stonewash on all of the knife parts. I like it for it's industrial look. I didn't put a clip on this on because I have a very nice lanyard to go on instead. May change my mind later. This knife was a lot of fun to build and very straight forward. Post pics of yours when you start on them.
View attachment 25748View attachment 25749View attachment 25750View attachment 25751

This came out nice. I can't wait to build one. I am giving my employees knife making lessons and this will be their next project.

well last time i saw them they were in good hands and well on there way sure they will make short work out of a great kit you guys put together, well more then a kit! show pics!!!!!!!!!

I just finished building one of these. It was a fun little build. No tapping threads=awesome.

There is a couple minor changes to the one Dave built above.
We put in a different thumb stud and stand off's that had shoulder bosses (stronger).

these are now available ...you can >click here< for information

Back