What's your first name?

John is my first name. I used to incorporate my last name, Hemp, in my logon name, but too many people made the wrong conclusion. So, it's John or Hempy that I prefer. 2thumbs

Thanks for all of the responses to this. Its a great help. Hope to see many many more!

My name is Ed. I have been called Edward, and even Eddie. 20 years in the Military my last name (Reuther)was used instead, so I really dont care what I am called as long as it isnt late for supper!!!!

Bruce,
Thanks for the enlightenment, We had it as an even draw between Tom Sellek or Potsie from Happy Days. Now it's crystal clear.

....and this is coming from the first runner up in the Drew Carey lookalike world finals, so don't feel bad. At least we both married way out of our league....

your freind,
Steve

....her name was McGill, but she called herself Lill and everyone knew her as Nancy.....

"Rocky Raccoon"
Beatles 1970- ish

totally unrelated to the last post.

Last edited:
My true name is Wouter.
I know that for English natives its hard to pronounce.
My Sister has been a US citicen for over 30 years and married to an American.

But you all only read it ;-)

Greets Wouter

Bob

Just plain Bob

I never got into the "Handle" thing on forums. Use my real name on all forums.

There were two old men when I was a kid that called me nicknames, one called me Hondo and the other called me Kimo, not sure how they came up with those names but they never stuck, just the two old guys called me those names. Everyone else just calls me Bob.

Kimo

Bob,
I have a freind we call Kimo. It's from "Kimosabe" which is what Tonto used to call the Lone Ranger. Nobody gets it now.
Hondo was a cowboy from the 50s or 60s on TV.
I'm gettin old
Steve

....her name was McGill, but she called herself Lill and everyone knew her as Nancy.....

"Rocky Raccoon"
Beatles 1970- ish

totally unrelated to the last post.

...um,just throwin' it out there,but have you been listening to Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds in the subculturally correct manner...
...again? ;)

(Oh,and you ain't alone:couple years ago,I called one of my younger co-workers "Kimosabe",and he just looked at me with the dull stare of the dairy cow...huh1 ):D

Last edited:
Since we've added a lot of new members, I thought I'd give this worthy thread a bump.

I'm a new guy. I've always used my middle name 'Keith' but for work I add my first initial for license and state board use.

Growing up , since I was bigger than my older brother, Dad would call me Baby Huey. BUT HE'S THE ONLY ONE.:9: Still does on occasion.

I'm also ex military stock. South African Air Force, served 15 years as a chopper pilot. Call sign: Pegasus: I always saw nick names as terms of endearment. My real name is Christian, if ever I was called Christian then I knew there was some real big issue going down. If it was my folks I knew a "thick ear" was inbound, if it was the " honey " ..... Hot tung and cold bum was in bound. As long as I can remember I have been Chris.

Good to meet all of you

Chris

Aka Pegasus!

Just plain ole Mike unless I was in deep butkus as a kid and then it was Michael............

Mike

Back