What's going on in your shop?

Both,the worm screw keeps the blade steady and the adjustable stop on the screw is basically a depth guide.you set your blade spine down on the worm screw with it backed up against the adjustable stop,then roll forward to the belt.

Well here is the final product am now working on the sheath.

e4356a83f30ff60547e745ad322598fe.jpg

last few days gettin a batch of ladder blades profiled ,HT ,ground and etched.scared me only 2 came out warped thought i did somethin wrong
018_zpsphxddujf.jpg

021_zps7l4yxbqi.jpg

that looks great. I'm going to pick up a file guide soon. i plan to try my hand at folders this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

868f676d16811b42bd93e8ab5751c0a2.jpg

This was my last one for 2015. To close out my first year of making knives, I finally made one for myself.

Thanks Paul!

Anthony, this handle is stabilized Aspen. I was seriously worried that the wood was too soft, even stabilized it was like sanding a bar of soap. I guess I'm so used to maple and koa that everything else feels like butter. My worries were unfounded though. I managed to drop the knife on the concrete directly on the butt of the handle. The knife bounced several times and the wood doesn't have a mark on it.

Daniel, this is the same old finish I put on just about everything- my trusty Tru Oil. I use it on everything that will take it.

59bbcd201ce0e0e8204b91ca6b48bc4a.jpg

f0a5e30004334db2d4cc51f2886a9900.jpg

I've started incorporating an optional dangler with my sheaths. When the detachable belt loop is removed, the steel loop falls back and down, allowing the sheath to be worn directly on the belt.

Squirrels...........way too many squirrels. This is a slow day...only 4 at a time here. I've seen as many as 13 at the bird feeder at once...blacks, grays, regular fox's all of them together. Not to mention the half dozen or so red squirrels that are zipping around at any given moment. The red squirrels don't sit still too long or else they get a sharp 'scolding' from my trusty Henry lever action .22. ;)

The fox squirrels are in season here and you can take 5 a day but only have 10 in your possession. Well, that only took two days to fill the freezer. One day I shot 4 black ones and a regular. I thought that would be about the end of the black ones but nope.... the very next morning, 5 black ones were at the feeder.

I've never seen so many fox squirrels as I have here at the new place. They get into the attic (not sure how, yet) they decimate my bird seed and are just all over the house, grill and vehicles. It's crazy.

Keeping them thinned down has proven to be more than a full time job for one man.

That's a bunch of squirrels! I have no idea how they get into attics, either. But the jokers are the Houdinis of the animal kingdom. I've got one that keeps tearing up screens using them as a ladder to climb up the house.

Here's what I was actually working on today. Some 1075 with a little filework and a little hamon:

I'm working on a little neck knife for myself. Its getting there not sure what I'm going to do on the handle yet maybe some natural canvas mycarta or some black paper with orange liners.

dbfafc5f5136711b154f223f493a2019.jpg

Back