What's going on in your shop?

OPaul, excellent idea on the spring!! I am going to use that! I found that ACE hardware stores have a HUGE selection of springs from weak to stupidly strong. I was able to get springs there when I made my little Dremel Mill device to slot synthetic guard materials. Some of the springs I got I could barely compress.

OPaul, excellent idea on the spring!! I am going to use that! I found that ACE hardware stores have a HUGE selection of springs from weak to stupidly strong. I was able to get springs there when I made my little Dremel Mill device to slot synthetic guard materials. Some of the springs I got I could barely compress.
Glad you like the idea. Simple and it works.

3.5" Magnacut Drop Point, hand rub satin finish, Natural Canvas Micarta, Red G10 and Black G10 handle and saya. Saya has 2 rare earth magnets in each side panel and it's a tight friction fit, too. Guy wanted the handle and saya to match and well rounded to wear in his waist band when doing yardwork. The handle shape is super comfy, too. Going to do more hidden tangs with this shape handle!!
I really like the line that runs from the center of the handle into the scabbard and that it's the same thickness as the spine. Beautiful knife.
Looks comfortable, too. I like the feel of a knife with the handle bumped up a little higher than the spine.

Thanks! I used a piece of 1/8" natural canvas micarta as the spacer in both the handle and scabbard. I had to thin the scabbard piece down a bit so it was a tighter fit to get the magnets as close as possible to the blade for the best retention. That handle is very comfy, definetly using that shape a lot more going forward!

Finished up a knife for my nephew. He’s a hog hunter and hunted them so much they nicknamed him “Swine”. Fine young man that I’m very proud of. 1084 steel with ivory snake handle. Red liners with silver pins. Laser engraved spine, sheath and name.
Randy, you're sure getting good with that laser you got. I'm envious

Made a 3" EDC in CPM CruWear, Bone White Linen micarta, red liners, mosaics and laynard tube. Holster brown Raptor texture sheath:
EDC BWLM.jpgEDC BWLM 2.jpgEDC BWLM 3.jpg

Rehandled a 180mm Watanabe nakiri in stabilized spalted wood (customer supplied) with some blue camo micarta as the spacer. Redid the ferrule on the original chestnut handle too:
Spalted Wa Nakiri.jpg

And started cursing my life! Working on 3 of the 8 Shechita in S90V, all post HT grinding. AO belts don't really do anything to hardened S90V I found out except kinda burnish it!

Used SunMax structured belts in A45, A30 and A16, but I can feel every deeper grit scratch when running my fingers over the blade:
S90V Shechita.jpg

Satin belt finish on the left as above. Right one is ground lengthwise on the contact wheel to 220 ceramic and it feels smoother between fingers than the left blade does. I tried some AO belts on the right hand one to see if I could get a satin finish and the steel just laughed at those belts. Burnished a little, but that was about it! Lots of SIC and finer grit ceramic belts (Norax and Trizact ceramics) ordered! Should have done the grinding pre HT, especially the 18"x2.5" wide ones!
S90V Shechita 2.jpg

A batch of AEB-L
b37ff66bc672077380d8bc089c684815.jpg
8fec9f7d9e03dac504eee2fba7438f8b.jpg

Back