What's going on in your shop?

Nice looking beginnings opaul, don't remind me about moving milling machines. I had help getting this on the truck but was by myself unloading it, it took some creative thinking to make it work.

ltdg12a.jpg
What kind of mill is that? I’ve been looking for a small one like that one

I'll look tomorrow for the brand, it's an import of course and it's no light weight. it took three of us to get it up on that gate, I'm figuring it's north of #800 on that stand.
A machinist friend and I dismantled an 800 pound surface grinder and humped it into my basement, where it will be when I die.
At least you have the sense to keep it on the ground floor.

anti scale and foil. more money as usual.
A machinist friend and I dismantled an 800 pound surface grinder and humped it into my basement, where it will be when I die.
If you want someone to take it off your hands, I WILL ;)

Since you guys like pictures so much.

181ffe6dee28005b4dd779027ee28df7.jpg

Last edited:
If I ever have a house with a basement - it's going to be a drive-in. Whether it starts out that way or not.

Sent from my Champion Forge using Tapatalk

Couple quick pics of a Shechita I have been working on. Still need to do the handle install and sharpening. CPM 20CV blade, 17.75" cutting edge, 2.4" wide, full flat grind with a high polish satin finish. Black Linen micarta handle. The other knife is a 240mm Tanaka R2 gyuto for size comparison. The Shechita is HUGE and took a long time to grind/polish!shechita2.jpgshechita3.jpg

Couple quick pics of a Shechita I have been working on. Still need to do the handle install and sharpening. CPM 20CV blade, 17.75" cutting edge, 2.4" wide, full flat grind with a high polish satin finish. Black Linen micarta handle. The other knife is a 240mm Tanaka R2 gyuto for size comparison. The Shechita is HUGE and took a long time to grind/polish!View attachment 80529View attachment 80530
That's wild! Never seen one before. How much time do you have in grinding that blade?

It most certainly is NOT a Chiquita, though.
f752d9d4aab858fd888b43722f021843.jpg

I think it is like 10-12 hours in the blade. It flexes, too, so its a total pain! I think aebl or nitro v would be a better choice if I do another one of these. Much easier to grind and finish!

I think it is like 10-12 hours in the blade. It flexes, too, so its a total pain! I think aebl or nitro v would be a better choice if I do another one of these. Much easier to grind and finish!
Use double sided tape and stick a piece of wood to it.

What kind of mill is that? I’ve been looking for a small one like that one
I don't know, the machine is branded ZX 32. I even have the paperwork for it and it just says China ZX 32.
probably built in some relearning communist prison factory.
it does run smooth and it's very accurate. I'm going to install a DRO on the quill in some fashion later this week, I hope...

Back