"W"s from Walla Walla

I have the pro photos from Jim Cooper now so I guess this project is officially done. Roger should have his bowie any day now.

Here she is, in and out of a Paul Long dress.
JusticeBowie.jpg

JusticeBowieandSheath.jpg

That is a fantastic knife this this was a really great thread Bruce. Your work has always been an inspiration and I always have a huge appreciation for those who are willing to show how they do things, not just what they did.

All your awards and accolades are, more than, well earned.

Thanks again,
J.

I've been travelling for a bit and asked Coop to hang onto it until I returned - so I have just today had the pleasure of opening the package and taking this beauty in hand. In short, it is exquisite. The damascus alone would be enough to keep me smiling for a looong time, but the gorgeous stag and beautifully engraved fittings all come together to make this one something very special. Paul's sheath is the icing on the cake.

Thanks VERY much Bruce - and Ken, and Paul and Coop. :bud:

Roger

Roger, there are people out here having to deal with a touch of jealousy right now, including this maker. That is an outstanding knife!

David

There were a hundred and seventy one posts in this thread when I got to it. I am not a maker, don't get super excited about most Damascus, and never found a stag handle that really did a lot for me. Its past 4:30 am and I read the entire thread. This is an incredible piece of work in so many ways. The knife itself is breathtaking and knowing what went into it makes it much more so. It has a tremendous amount going on with the Damascus, spacers, stag, engraving, etc, but it all flows and fits together perfectly. Despite it's delicate beauty, this is a man's knife, not some fragile blossom. Bruce patiently shared it's birth in a warm and engaging manner.

I want to carry that knife on my hip, ready for anything, and hissing at anybody who gets close enough to breath near it!

Thanks for sharing with us, Bruce. You are an awesome guy! I can't wait for the WIP on the sheath next. Its so worthy!

BruceBumpAni.gif

There were a hundred and seventy one posts in this thread when I got to it. I am not a maker, don't get super excited about most Damascus, and never found a stag handle that really did a lot for me. Its past 4:30 am and I read the entire thread. This is an incredible piece of work in so many ways. The knife itself is breathtaking and knowing what went into it makes it much more so. It has a tremendous amount going on with the Damascus, spacers, stag, engraving, etc, but it all flows and fits together perfectly. Despite it's delicate beauty, this is a man's knife, not some fragile blossom. Bruce patiently shared it's birth in a warm and engaging manner.

I want to carry that knife on my hip, ready for anything, and hissing at anybody who gets close enough to breath near it!

Thanks for sharing with us, Bruce. You are an awesome guy! I can't wait for the WIP on the sheath next. Its so worthy!

BruceBumpAni.gif

Rock, You sure know how to make a guy feel proud. "Thanks for the compliment" just doesnt seem to do it. I love you man! :)

Hey where did you get the cool turning Bump logo? :bud:

Bruce,
We all have those new Bump logos. It helps knife sales. HAHAHAHA

Steve

Wow, Rock just emailed me 3 of the turning Bump logos. What a talented guy! Now I just need to figure out how to use em. Down load, copy and paste?

Last edited:
Wow, Rock just emailed me 3 of the turning Bump logos. What a talented guy! Now I just need to figure out how to use em. Down load, copy and paste?

Just edit your previous post of Rock's work, look at the layout of the gif file and see how he posted it. Then do the same, I uploaded mine to photobucket and then used.
G115DiscAni.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
i'm new here...
could you tell me how you put your logo on it? it's a disposable adesive stencil?
thanks a lot,
congratulations,
cassio

Thank you

Thank you very much Bruce for your great threads, i find them very interesting.
Very nice that you let us take part.

Regards Peter

I walked my wife through this thread from the first post to the last and I think you have finally shown her enough to understand why I am getting so obsessed with bladesmithing in general...

So THANK YOU Bruce! :D

Oh, and the Ringed Gamblers Bowie thread helped some too... :)

Back