"W"s from Walla Walla

Thanks so much guys.
Brad704, I know what you mean, My wife likes the fact that I chase knives instead of wild wimen. Heck at my age she might not mind anyway. hehe

WoW this little "JUSTICE BOWIE" is in completition for BEST BOWIE for 2010 over on BladeForums! Check out the competition too. Wheeler, Fisk, Sfreddo and Lisch. Five bowies made in 2010 were selected from many many bowies and mine is one of them! I won this competition last year but this year the bowies are all so stellar its going to be tough to take home the gold.
Check it out all the nominations: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=802809
Here are the chosen Five: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=804770
Its a real honor to rub shoulders with these world class makers let alone to be chosen by my piers as one of the top 5 again this year. I'm humbled and thrilled at the same time.

I just voted for the knife made by my friend (not that it had anything to do with the vote) But because it was the best knife. Push it over the top guys, the knife and Bruce deserve the honor.
Just MHO,
Jim

Holy cow, that was a hard choice! You're in some fantastic company on that one Bruce. I hope you win, I think it's deserved, but the other knives are fantastic too. What a charmed life I lead to get to see this kind of work. I'm blessed.

Its pretty amazing to see so many beautiful bowies in one thread. The bar keeps raising each year with makers bringing their "A Game" to most every knife they make. To make each bowie better than the last has pushed their skills and determination to all new hieghts and its really showing. We are all blessed to see this happening with our knives.

That was a tough decision between your piece and Rodrigo Sfreddo's. I will say they are the top two entrants in the competition hands down. Of course, when you're torn between voting for two amazing pieces and undecided, it's only natural to vote for the guy you know. Good luck Bruce! You have some tough competition, but I know you can do it. I just sent another vote into your box.

If you guys vote at all be sure to vote for the "Best Bowie" you see as the best bowie. Personally I feel like a winner just for being in the top 5 choices.

Wow Bruce... thanks for the link to that thread. The Top 5 are fantastic this year... and it must have been a BEAR to narrow the field down to only five. I hope you'll still be my friend if I let you know that I voted for somebody else :what!:. I'm very happy to say that it was a tough decision to make. :35: Great showing by everyone.

Last edited:
I wont be mad unless I lose by just one vote. :)
Wow Bruce... thanks for the link to that thread. The Top 5 are fantastic this year... and it must have been a BEAR to narrow the field down to only five. I hope you'll still be my friend if I let you know that I voted for somebody else :what!:. I'm very happy to say that it was a tough decision to make. :35: Great showing by everyone.

Bruce,
Good Luck!!!!

When I look at your work it reminds me of a time when I got to play a round of golf with a current PGA top ranked pro and I had to say "NICE SHOT" 71 times in 4 hours.

So..."NICE SHOT", Bruce......

Steve

No.... I played terrible amateur hack golf but did the Cabinets in the home of a pro and out of sympathy he let me soil his beloved country club with my antics.

Alas, It was a sad , bittersweet day in the golf world.

Steve

Last edited:
:s11779::s11779:WHOOO HOOOOO The Justice Bowie won the Best Bowie of the Year!!!!
If you guys voted for it, I thank you sincerely!

Thanks Gents. I appreciate those votes. They're even sending me a plaque this year, I guess my whining last year must have worked.

Dear Bruce, We met at the PKA show in Denver this year, I remember we talked of the W's pattern and using squaring dies to start the W's. I can't tell from the pictures starting with #7, which way the layers of the billet are running after you made the first compression weld. Can you walk me through this one more time? Thanks alot! .... Jon Moore <sharpdecisionknives.com>

Hi Jon,
The initial welding is finished and with the stack still running horizontal run it through the squaring dies. This will start the "C" shapes on the top and bottom, next simply turn the billet 90 degrees and begin to draw it out to twice its original length and cut and restack. Make sense?
Dear Bruce, We met at the PKA show in Denver this year, I remember we talked of the W's pattern and using squaring dies to start the W's. I can't tell from the pictures starting with #7, which way the layers of the billet are running after you made the first compression weld. Can you walk me through this one more time? Thanks alot! .... Jon Moore <sharpdecisionknives.com>

Last edited:
Back